Shirt Design

Pat_61

Similar to Hawksx, I am making a section shirt and am trying to get ideas. I have the trumpet so far:

g3000.png

The show consists of:

1st Movement:

Beethoven's 5th and Kashmir(Led Zeppelin)

2nd Movement:

Nessun Dorma and Imagine(John Lennon)

3rd Movement:

In The Hall Of The Mountain King and Carry On My Wayward Son(Kansas)

The basis of the show is to mix well known Classical Pieces with known classic rock songs.

I am thinking of what to add to the shirt. All my thoughts lead to:

• Wings(like Aerosmith)
  • Rock Hand (Horns)
  • A Zepplin
  • Flames
  • A crowd at the bottom(like a shadow?)

So just trying to get opinions.

Image is being made in Inkscape.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Design with added additions.

shirt2.png

Newest idea.

shirt3b.png

C/C? Ideas?

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

The newest one is definitely the best. In the one above it, the drawings are way underwhelming. They're small and just don't stand out. The text way over powers it. The newer one is a lot more interesting.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The newest one is definitely the best. In the one above it, the drawings are way underwhelming. They're small and just don't stand out. The text way over powers it. The newer one is a lot more interesting.

Any suggestions? I am at 5 colors currently(I think) and I am going to try to drop to 3 or try to.

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

Any suggestions? I am at 5 colors currently(I think) and I am going to try to drop to 3 or try to.

Well if you want three colours you'll probably be using white, black (or dark grey) and light grey. You could get rid of that faint outline around the design (it's cool but it cuts down a colour), and make the trumpet the same colour as the design behind it. But then add a transparent outline around it to "cut it out" from the background design (either the white or the lighter grey). That should cut back on two colours..

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

You need to work out a way to tie each symbol/logo together. I like the first example you posted, but I think the main design should be bigger, and catch your eye more. The text should be there but maybe not so bright as to pull your focus away from your key graphic:

RjgyH.png

(i couldnt really change the colour of the text cus i was just in paint) but you get the idea.

I can't really say much else as I've never done logo or illustrator type stuff, but you're doing well, but I think it's just you need something to tie them all together.

I'd say have your main element (i'd suggest the hand) in white, and your other two elements (zepplin/wings) around it, or behind, in a light grey colour.

Then have a line (could be rope, or music staves with notes on them?) holding them all together, in a dark-grey colour.