Installing windows 7

dragon246665

Hello again everyone! I'm trying to install windows 7 on my new PC that I've been building, but I'm having some problems. I can get it to install just fine until it needs to restart itself, at which point it will turn off, but then seemingly forget everything it was doing and bring me back to the BIOS. I've tried installing wondows 7 three times now and to no avail. What should I do?

Also, the red BOOT_DEVICE LED is on, indicating a problem, but I have no idea as to what could be the problem, any suggestions as to what I should try doing to make this go away?

Sorry if my post seems a bit lacking in formation, I'm a bit stressed right now about the whole thing, so if you need more information please just post asking for it.

Thanks!

Rejected.jpg

have you sorted out the boot order in bios to tell it to boot from the harddisk?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Try what sy suggested, and if that doesn't work try running linux off a usb or CD to just test that the computer works.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Okay phew! That was a lot harder than I had anticipated...

So basically, there is a sensor on my motherboard that monitors CPU temperature, and it was glitched/broken and always read that my CPU was something like 90 to 100 degrees celsius. There was a built in lock down system that was kicking in and restarting my computer and bringing it back to the BIOS. After disabling my motherboard thermometer I managed to install windows 7 just fine. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Rejected.jpg

Are you sure its glitched? Because it could mean you forgot thermal paste or you didn't tighten the heatsink enough or something..

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

That solution kind of sounded like just avoiding the problem instead of solving it. As said above make sure you properly installed the cpu and heatsink, check your heatsink and if you feel the heat released is excessive then try reinstalling from scratch. The motherboard sensor is arguably one of the most important features, really odd there would be a glitch there. Trust me its better now then having a burnt out CPU in 2 weeks with voided warranty.

(Try updating BIOS? there may be a bugfix that will patch you're problem and allow you to use the sensor correctly.)

randomkcopyq.png