skilling price info

majiko115

Ive made suggestions before and they were met with approval so hopefully this will to. firstly, i dont know how updated your price list is in the items database and that may be an important part of the tip.it staff when deciding to implement this idea. now, on to the idea...

i've looked at and used both the skill planner and the skill calculator on this site and find both of them extrememly useful. the one thing i would improve is the ability to know how much the materials would cost, or the xp/gp ratio. obviously this would be difficult for things like planks with nails due to the different prices on different naills and the fail rate involved, but things like maple logs, pyre logs (with an option/section for the pyre logs and an option/section for the ingredients assumming you are buying the exact ammount required for that type of log. ex. maple+3 dose holy oil, yew+4 dose holy oil), raw tuna or raw swordfish, iron ore, steel bars, etc. would be relatively easy (although i know it would be time consuming for the programmers). this way other players and myself would be able to not only choose material based on amount required but cost or xp per gp... this is something i would find very useful if it was able to keep up with current prices because it would cut down a lot of the time required for your users to look up the difference between yew and magic for example (it gets very time consuming when you are doing the calculations between 4 or 5 options by hand). if anyone in the forums sees any issues in implementing this idea or additions that would implrove it i would like to hear them. it will be useful to have another brain or two helping me smooth out the issues before the idea gets accepted or shot down.

as a solution to an inability to have prices kept up to date (as i said earlier i dont know how updated the price list is from day to day) it would still be possible for users to take the prices from the RS GE page and plug them in to the different materials on the skill calculator (this is the one i think it would be most useful on) and have the page caclulate these stats.

hopefully this idea gets a lot of support because i for one would really like it to be accepted and implemented into the site...

We keep a large database of items prices which you can see in our GE Centre and on the database page of any tradable item, no need to worry about that. Just to make sure I'm understanding your suggestion right, you would like to see something like our Herblore Cost Calculator for more skills? Although calculators like that aren't too difficult to code, it's simply time consuming. But if there are one or two in particular that you're really interested in seeing we can look into implementing some more cost calculators. :)

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

While the herblore cost calculator is working okay, we're not quite happy with it just yet - for one, it's a bit unclear how we come up with the prices. This is something that will be improved upon eventually. You may see more support for calculating prices come up in future :)