Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mod impersonation

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,479 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I read about this first in the Mod forums and was a little concerned, but once I saw a picture I knew I wouldn't get caught, but I'm sure someone will. I also know Jagex is aware of this and are looking into it.

Thats an interesting story that I find to be quite engaging.
From Mod Mark: Hi whats your pass?

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I read about this first in the Mod forums and was a little concerned, but once I saw a picture I knew I wouldn't get caught, but I'm sure someone will. I also know Jagex is aware of this and are looking into it.

Thats an interesting story that I find to be quite engaging.
From Mod Mark: Hi whats your pass?

Oh hey Mark! Nice to talk to you again. I'm not sure why you need my password, but it's ..... hey wait ....

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
  • RuneScape Status:None
Although most of us know well that jagex will put a message in your inbox instead of randomly pming you, the scammers sure have gotten advanced to be able to actually have mod mark in the name....
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

Autist
[ Display Name History ]

Autist

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Autist
Not sure if I am starting to lose my eyesight, but I would have to zoom that image in photoshop to read something out of it.
Posted Image

Jiblix
[ Display Name History ]

Jiblix

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • RSN:Jiblix
Mod Mark is the lead designer; he basically manages the content developers. AKA - He has absolutely nothing to do with P-Mods/F-Mods. Also recruitment has been stuck on hold since August due to some UK laws preventing them from recruit 'volunteer mods'. If you didn't know any of those two, they wouldn't send you off to external sites and such whats. I guess it would be believable to some people but just ask yourself... where is the crown? No crown = They're trying to phish your password.

Jibby

Iglw
[ Display Name History ]

Iglw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • RSN:Iglw
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage
Sneaky bastards.

I agree with indenting multi-line messages, or perhaps bolding or colouring the actual name to distinguish it from the message.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
The website has a ,tk ending. Only an idiot would be fooled. People are idiots, thats why people get scammed. /thread.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

The website has a ,tk ending. Only an idiot would be fooled. People are idiots, thats why people get scammed. /thread.

Dat oversimplification.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
If you take the time to look for indicators such as a gold crown or make sure the website isnt [LikelyScam] youll be ok.

Now i have to go start screenshoting every email from Jagex saying my account has been locked due to RWT so I can warn you all before you lose your accounts. It's an epidemic out there.

Low_C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users