hdmi on tv

emers8529

i have a westinghouse tv. im not sure which model it is.

when i switch to the hdmi output (i think its called output.. the "hdmi" option on the remote) my screen turns white/silver. it just started happening earlier today. i can be watching tv fine, but when i switch to hdmi to play on my xbox the screen turns whitish silver and wont turn back even when i switch back to tv. its not my hdmi cable, ive tried 3 others i have just laying in my room and i get the same result every time. i can use the regular cable (not sure what its called, 3 prong cable with yellow red white connectors) and it works fine, i just have a horrible picture quality. hdmi was working fine last night.

does anybody have any idea what i should try? im guessing i might have to buy a new tv to get hdmi to work, i just hope not.

I like getting hard when I PK

There seems to be a defect in the Westinghouse tvs according to a few google searches. Would really help to get your model, check the back of the TV and see if a sticker says any model or series.

How many ports are on the TV? try seeing if the xbox works on another port. Try to isolate the problem and see if the problem lies with the xbox or the tv. To start off with you can do a factory reset (of the tv) to see if any setting are affecting the resolution of the Xbox.

randomkcopyq.png

i found it. its a sk-19h210s and i think the problem is with the tv. when i switch to hdmi with the cable plugged in (xbox on or off, it doesn't matter) the screen turns white. when the cables unplugged it remains blue like it should.

finding the model code helped a lot lol. after searching google i found that the LCD wire on the motherboard of the tv goes bad after awhile and i dont think its replaceable.

looks like i get to watch shit quality until i save up money for a new tv :3

A good idea would be to get a TV of a brand that is known for quality. I've never heard of westinghouse, so it's probably one of the smaller and lower quality brands.

is Vizio a well known brand? i dont know too much about tvs lol.

the one i was looking at on ebay is Vizio E371VL 37" 1080p HD LCD Television

Imo don't go for a tv through ebay, I'd rather deal with a company like amazon or newegg etc. for buying somthing large and possibly expensive. With Ebay you could wind up with dead pixels or worse and you probably won't get a refund. Remember whenever you are looking for a TV, always check reviews online about it. I literally spent pver an hour at a store Googling the best models and their reviews. I personally like Samsung Tvs but theres a few good name brands out there. Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, and Philips are well known.

randomkcopyq.png

i only buy from the trusted sellers on ebay, so that should possibly save me from getting completely ripped off. i cant really afford to drop 500 on a tv but ive always wanted a bigger tv (one i got now is 19 inchs) and ebay seems the cheapest. i can get a 37" tv for 350

is Vizio a well known brand? i dont know too much about tvs lol.

the one i was looking at on ebay is Vizio E371VL 37" 1080p HD LCD Television

Imo don't go for a tv through ebay, I'd rather deal with a company like amazon or newegg etc. for buying somthing large and possibly expensive. With Ebay you could wind up with dead pixels or worse and you probably won't get a refund. Remember whenever you are looking for a TV, always check reviews online about it. I literally spent pver an hour at a store Googling the best models and their reviews. I personally like Samsung Tvs but theres a few good name brands out there. Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Sharp, and Philips are well known.

All the Philips TVs I've seen had some kind of delay between the signal and the image, so they're not good TVs for gaming.

Checking the reviews is definitely worth it, as apparently a lot of Samsung models have quality problems.

Right now I have an LG Tv, and while it is worth checking the reviews, I think it's quite a good brand.

All the Philips TVs I've seen had some kind of delay between the signal and the image, so they're not good TVs for gaming.

Checking the reviews is definitely worth it, as apparently a lot of Samsung models have quality problems.

Right now I have an LG Tv, and while it is worth checking the reviews, I think it's quite a good brand.

LG is definitely a strong brand, along with Toshiba and Pioneer, I just threw some off the top of my head. I have a 40" LG in my living room, works very nice.

Just be careful because cheaper is not always better, check reviews and common problems of the tv.

randomkcopyq.png

A good idea would be to get a TV of a brand that is known for quality. I've never heard of westinghouse, so it's probably one of the smaller and lower quality brands.

Westinghouse Digital is perhaps better known in the USA. I know Costco and Best Buy carry their goods. They are not a fly-by-night outfit, but they have fallen on tough times lately.

There are actually some reviews for the model in question on Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889234006

and there is a 4-egg Westinghouse TV on NewEgg right now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889234048

=====

Warranty info: http://westinghousedigital.com/support/warranty/

though it looks like the SK-19H210S was sold in 2007-8, so I imagine that has expired.

Most everything I am seeing on Newegg has a 1 year warranty, sadly. I would lean towards anything that had a 2 or 3 year warranty.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours