Window live Movie maker help

Miner_Guy

Hey im trying to upload some videos from video live movie maker but the videos never fill the whole screen. There is always a bit of black bar round the sides even when i changed the aspect ratio to widescreen, the widest it would go. How can i make it fill the whole screen? Help please

SUPER.gif

I'm not sure if you can crop the bars out with movie maker.. I'm surprised you can run it without your computer catching on fire or something equally dramatic.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Save it to your computer then upload the movie file. That's what I did the last time I used that program, but then again it wasn't under the Windows Live banner yet.

Save it to your computer then upload the movie file. That's what I did the last time I used that program, but then again it wasn't under the Windows Live banner yet.

I did that i uploaded it from fraps to windows movie so its had already been saved

SUPER.gif

I did that i uploaded it from fraps to windows movie so its had already been saved

The file produced by fraps is huge, so it's still good to use another program to compress it.

The file produced by fraps is huge, so it's still good to use another program to compress it.

Like winrar?

@Guy, i dont understand why would it catch fire?

SUPER.gif

Not like winrar. Any video program will compress it to a format that takes less hard drive space. Fraps is basicallly producing a file that is almost not compressed, so a file that could be 100mb depending on the format you put in movie maker is maybe going to be around 1GB which is going to take a very very long time if you upload that to youtube directly.

What I basically suggested is that instead of using movie maker to upload to youtube, use movie maker to save the movie file to your computer, and upload the file manually to youtube with the upload link provided on the youtube page.

And I think Guy meant that Windows Live movie maker is one of the bad programs, being a heavy program that doesn't work that well.

Yep, I was referencing the fact that WMM isn't exactly an amazing program, although I couldn't recommend any free alternatives.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche