Winding Down To The Last 50.

JPMC Mate

Well, I have completed my build planning and have $50 left. I have no use for the $, so saving it is not something I want to do. What else should I buy?

Here is my build so far:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13328589

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354589

I have also spent $156 on games, so that's how I have $50 left to spend.

Any help is appreciated.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Nvm, solved. Gonna get a fan controller and push/pull fans.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

You can get 1.5V 1600MHz RAM for $40, a cool $10 saved. Upgrade to Caviar black, not blue. I'd get that extra 0.5" on your monitor too. Check if the 212Evo comes with thermal paste pre-applied - I believe it does and it's not bad quality. Also - why the controller? A mouse is a lot better for things like FPS games.

Other than that, fantastic!

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

You can get 1.5V 1600MHz RAM for $40, a cool $10 saved. Upgrade to Caviar black, not blue. I'd get that extra 0.5" on your monitor too. Check if the 212Evo comes with thermal paste pre-applied - I believe it does and it's not bad quality. Also - why the controller? A mouse is a lot better for things like FPS games.

Other than that, fantastic!

I have the G400 in my wishlist and my controller can help in the racing games. Wouldn't 1.25v be safer to overclock with?

I have picked out the NZXT fan controller and one Scythe fan. I will consider your mouse suggestions I guess :P.

azeem1992.png

Oh right, I was just wondering why you stuck a controller in there. For racing games, a wheel might be nicer, but that's just down to personal preference. I'm not sure about the whole overclocking thing actually, it's not something I've thought about. The RAM is only rated for 1.25V though so you may not be able to/will damage/destroy get it to 1.5V. On what grounds do you think it'll be safer? (Genuine question). I've got that fan controller, it's a nice one and it's a nice price.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

It doesn't make a difference?

azeem1992.png