Another Excel question

spooferfish

Lets see if i can ask this question without confusing you guys in the process.

I want to track the % of each rarity of pokemon card from the newest set release. Compare the actual % of each rarity to the % of the rarity I'm getting.

xlhelp.png

Column a is the set number for the card

Column b is the name of the pokemon

Column c is the rarity of the card

Column d is the number of that specific card I own

The lower table on the right is where I need help. Can I get it to count the number in column d, based on the rarity listed in column c? Or will I have to manually count that each time?

(typing this with a sticky shift key, that my son spilled juice in sucked...side question of how to fix that? :P)

35b9enp.jpg

I'd probably be easiest to first sort them so that you have all of the commons listed first, then all of the uncommon, rares, etc. (There is a way to do this on excel without doing it manually) Then you would add up the number using a SUM command that would be linked to whatever cell you're putting the information in.

For example, if cell G16 is where your common card total goes, and your common cards are sorted, you could do something like "SUM(D#:D#)".

You can also do it without sorting them, by using an addition command. Click on Cell G16 to edit it, and then click on every cell you wish to add up, separating each one with a plus sign. That way, cell G16 would show your total common card count.

I hope that answers your question ^^

For the commons it would be (in cell G16):

=SUM(D2+D3+D6+D8+D10+D11+D15+D17+D18+D23)

You wont need to reorder anything, but you will need to add every relevant cell to the equation manually.

For the commons it would be (in cell G16):

=SUM(D2+D3+D6+D8+D10+D11+D15+D17+D18+D23)

You wont need to reorder anything, but you will need to add every relevant cell to the equation manually.

....*facedesk*

I was way over thinking it. lol, thanks.

35b9enp.jpg

=sumif(C1:C23, "Common", D1:D23)

^this.

If functions ftw.

This formula will look for any cell in c1:c23 range that says Common (exactly that wording) and add the matching cell from D1:D23 to the sum.

So (as it is only set to run to 23) based on screen u shown it would output 6

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue