Highscores + xp till levelup calc

Flyphe

Heya all, im new around here but iv been coding for some time(around 3 years) in C++, C, C# and Razor syntax.

Anyway, down to business.

I know there are many applications out there in which calculate your 'xp till next level' however iv never seen one that goes in tandem with the highscores of a person.

(Thus making it easier to select a particular skill or whatever)

If you guys think something like this would be useful, or helpful in anyway, shape or form, then please tell me!!!

The language I will be coding this in would be c# (with a gui!!! bonus points...? :D?)

If you all think its a jolly good idea, or could be helpful (to share the code with others or whatever) then ill post the source code here when im done. :)

Anyways, Good idea? yes/no...

THANKS!

P.S hope i can be of help around here!! :)

-EDIT-

Just realised that this program will only benefit members... still useful though no? ;D

What exactly do you mean by going in tandem with the high scores? Could you elaborate on that a bit more?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

What exactly do you mean by going in tandem with the high scores? Could you elaborate on that a bit more?

I think he means it'll get your levels/xp from the highscores instead of you inputting 'em yourself.

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

Well that's what I thought, except that's how Tip.It's calculators work. You put in your RSN and it grabs your xp/level. And he said he's never seen one that works in tandem with the high scores so I thought that couldn't be right.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I figured, when you have a calculator, you have to manually type in your stats. These stats can be grabbed from the highscores, so why not just have a program that shows a persons highscores and then a button or something on the side in which you click, enter in the level you want to get to (or not, just have it calculate every level... possibly). It would just make it easier. Thats all.

that's how Tip.It's calculators work. You put in your RSN and it grabs your xp/level.

Never heard of that berfore haha, oh well...

Well it's up to you on whether you want to make it, but I feel like very similar ones already exist so yours might not get that much attention/appreciation from people. For example, all of Tip.It's calculators already have that feature. You input your name, press "Get stats" and your experience to the next level is already calculated, along with what you have to do to get there (how many monsters to kill, items to craft, ore to smelt, etc.). It'll even remember your login name for your entire visit.

Posted Image

It can be done very easily in Google Docs, though that isn't very pretty looking.

Edit: I did this in 10 minutes.

Can't get the info for total level since I'm maxed out on import functions for that spreadsheet. :P

Paul, rather then doing so many imports, couldn't you just import once and then make references?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aix-FOWMTZEodHR0cXM5aHFYNnhYZjdXb2laWDUyeXc

It can be done very easily in Google Docs, though that isn't very pretty looking.

Edit: I did this in 10 minutes.

Can't get the info for total level since I'm maxed out on import functions for that spreadsheet. :P

Paul, rather then doing so many imports, couldn't you just import once and then make references?

https://docs.google....ZjdXb2laWDUyeXc

Derp, I didn't even think that continue would work for that. It was 3am, lol.

Thanks, since that is pretty useful for my farming calc. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475