XBox 360 Cable: From modem to router

Lep

Could this be a possible issue of my internet frequently disconnecting then reconnecting? I'm sick to death of my internet issues but before I try anything... could this be causing an issue? It's that grey cord you get with your 360.

From what I can tell you probably have an issue on the line from your ISP, though I really cant say for sure at all as the modem status is the sort of stuff that requires a trained professional to interpret taking into account the context of your specific connection to say what the issue would be with more certainty. Also that ping result is fairly useless due to the censoring of what you were actually pinging, as there is not enough information to interpret what the ping numbers mean (a ping within the network means something very different than a ping to something on the internet.)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Just a quick question, are you referring to your internet connectivity on the Xbox 360 or your entire network ? If you are having trouble with the internet connection on your Xbox 360 then by all means try using another cable (it does -not- have to be an Xbox certified cable, any Ethernet cable will/can work), along with swapping with another port on the router. If you are having trouble with your entire network it is most likely coming from your modem (ISP) or your specific router.

My suggestion before anything is to try a Power Cycle. After that test to see if your router is at fault. Try checking your connection by plugging your modem directly to a computer/xbox and see if there are any disconnects or lagg. If the problem still appears then your router is not the problem and you will need to call your ISP to check your connection.

You can use these links to test the connection

Www.Pingtest.net

www.Speedtest.net

randomkcopyq.png