Garden of Tranquillity

Water

6. Go to Burthorpe and speak to Bernald east of the Bar.

Since the Burthorpe/Taverley update, he can be found just sound of the Poh portal and the Taverley Lodestone

Go south to Taverley and speak with Alain the druid gardener. He is located right against the wall by the tree patch.

Since Bernald is now in Taverley, and not Burthorpe, you have to walk South East, and not TO Taverley.

And the tree patch is no longer against the wall.

Break up the rune stone first with your hammer or chisel, then grind it with the pestle and mortar.

I had to use the rune essence on an anvil when smashing it with a hammer. Not sure about how it works with a chisel.

There is an anvil at the North West side of Burthorpe.

7. Go to Falador and walk to the monastery or use your amulet of glory to get to Edgeville and walk from there

This location can easily be reached with the Lodestone teleports now.

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

• 1 month later...

Hi Water,

Thanks for your submission! I've credited you and added in all of your corrections except the bit about the hammer and anvil. Can anyone confirm that you need an anvil to crush the rune essence now? Has anyone tried using a chisel?

~Aurhora

33o4q4g.jpg

• 5 months later...

Confirming anvil needed - and whatever toolbelt tool with it. with full toolbelt, just use essence with anvil.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Regarding tools and the use of toolbelt:

Breaking and grinding the rune essence: toolbelt tools will work (pestle and mortar)

Fishing rod: toolbelt will NOT work

Secateaurs - dont know, was farming herbs while doing the quest so without thinking of it i had my magic secatearus wielded during quest.

Spade, dibber, trowel, rake - toolbelt will work.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Delphiniums: if your marigold die (as mine did) and you replant without speaking to Elstan, he will not take your marigolds. IE, you need to speak with him right before planting. If your crop die, you must speak with him again before planting a new seed.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Placing the statues - I had problems with it, I simply couldnt find the second plinth!! I suggest something like this to be added to the guide:

Statue of saradomin: place the statue on the plinth next to the white tree.

Statue of a king: place the statue on the plint on the eastern wall near the garden entrance, next to the yellow orchids.

Gugge.png

Moly.png

• 4 months later...