Car Analogy for PC Repair

Lord Diddy

Saw this a while ago, thought it would give some people a laugh or two. I'm pretty sure we can relate to this

I've actually been using the cars analogy for a couple months now and I think it's very fitting. Imagine if you were a mechanic who owned an auto shop and your average customer call went something like this:

Customer: My car isn't working and I need you to fix it immediately, this is an emergency.

Mechanic: Alright sir what seems to be the problem?

Customer: I don't know, I tried to use my car on friday and it didn't work, now it's monday and I need to get to work and I can't and this needs to be fixed right now.

Mechanic: Can you start the car? Can you even get into your car? Does it make any sounds when you try to start it? Are all 4 tires there?

Customer: I don't know, I don't know what any of that stuff means, I tried to get to work and it wouldn't let me and you need to fix it now because you changed my oil 6 months ago.

Mechanic: Alright well what kind of car are you driving?

Customer: I don't know, a green one, why does that matter?

Mechanic: Please take a look at the back of your car and see if there are any letters or numbers that would indicate a vehicle model or manufacturer

Customer: Ok, my car is a SV2 87K.

Mechanic: No sir that's your license plate. My records indicate that you drive a Nissan Altima, can you confirm that the key you're using to try and get into this car says Nissan on it?

Customer: My key says Lexus but I don't see how that makes a difference, I've been using this key on this car for years and it's always worked, what did you do to my car?

randomkcopyq.png

Lol :lol: Thanks for the laugh :P Honestly it's amazing how many errors you can solve (PC and others) just by Googling. But so many people don't seem to do that. Like one of my mom's friends called me up just to ask, "How can I record myself speaking on my Mac?" assuming that I'm some great vault of knowledge. I didn't know because I'd had no reason to ever do that myself. So I just Googled "how to record myself speaking on a mac," got the answer and told her. Easy enough for anyone to do that themselves :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Lol :lol: Thanks for the laugh :P Honestly it's amazing how many errors you can solve (PC and others) just by Googling. But so many people don't seem to do that. Like one of my mom's friends called me up just to ask, "How can I record myself speaking on my Mac?" assuming that I'm some great vault of knowledge. I didn't know because I'd had no reason to ever do that myself. So I just Googled "how to record myself speaking on a mac," got the answer and told her. Easy enough for anyone to do that themselves :P

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

It's just sooo perfectly accurate :D

One of my favourite XKCD comics^^

Link for that comic above :arrow: "Tech Support Cheat Sheet" -- http://m.xkcd.com/627/

BTW, all, I know the feeling as well. There are just those problems that can't be fixed remotely. :(

~D. V. "Yet another frustrated person..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Lol. I've had similar phone conversations with some of my clients about their safety controls, which is really quite frightening when you think about it (for those who don't know, I do gas station maintenance). Why more gas stations don't go up in flames, I'll never know.

And D.V., if everything could be fixed remotely I'd be out of a job. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...