Queen Black Dragon TACTICS: Day of Release [video]

AKwaspRS

captureyru.png

Queen Black Dragon QBD TACTICS: Day of Release - Runescape AKwaspRS

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

As promised, I took down the Queen Black Dragon on day of release and here's a video highlighting some of the important tactics involved during the fight. The QBD is one of the strongest boss monsters in Runescape and cannot be killed with a team, only solo. While bring a plathora of potions in a Yak might seem like a safe idea for newbies, likely deaths will result in loosing all those potions. I recommend forgoing Yaks in favor of Steel Titans, which will output significant damage during the fight. "The best defense is a strong offense." In this guide I don't use Nex armor or Spirit Shields, just ordinary Ganodermic Armor with a Farseer Kiteshield and Chaotic Rapier. Inventory includes 20 Saradomin Flasks and 4 Super Restores, although many are superfluous. Don't forget an Overload and Super Anti-fire, and monitor the chat window so they remain active at all times. I also like to bring Dreadnips along for increased DPS. The video illustrates all 4 phases, so listen to my guide for more information. Some of the best rewards include the Dragon Kiteshield and pieces of the Royal Crossbow, all of which are worth several millions of GP at this time. Alongside such rare loots include a guaranteed loot every kill of 5 dragon bones, some royal dragonhides and royal bolts, alongside plenty of coins and potions. QBD is definitely a challenge, but it's also fun! Check back to my channel later for a proper guide - these tactics should help for now. Leave questions in the comments and I'll try to answer as best as possible. GL boss hunting!

Hey, would you mind trying to make a text based guide?

Just try and detail each attack and the best way to manage them. Thanks.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.