Idea for the Minigames Page

Reivaxlorp

Hello Tipit,

First off, let me apologize for going into this blind. I have no idea where Tipit is going with the new website so I'm only hoping that someone hasn't already brought up the idea that just came to me.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=minigames.htm

Following the above link will take you to the Minigames and Miniquests page. This page is helpful in that it illustrates many large activities that may or may not be directly correlated with skilling. The issue that I had with the page is exactly that; they may or may not be directly correlated with skilling.

Some of these games that i've been reading over the past couple of days make obvious sense as PVP-based minigames such as Castle Wars, Soul Wars, Stealing Creation, Clan Wars, Dual Arena, Fist of Guthix, etc. but some others in here don't really fit the mini-game or even the PVP feel of the section such as Sorc's Garden, Runespan, Barrows, or Trawler Fishing.

The section seems a little broad for being just called Mini-Games and it does contain some segmentation below with Distractions & Diversions as well as Mini-Quests but it almost feels as if every new activity released was just clumped in there.

Perhaps the new upcoming website has this issue already addressed! If that is not the case, I'd like to open up this suggestion for ideas and debate to anyone willing.

~Reivax

pyro-1.png

I don't see the issue?

Are you trying to say non-PVP ones are not minigames?

Because that is incorrect, there are PVP-minigames, there are skill mini-games and there are those which are a mixture.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was trying to indicate that some of them are not games at all, such as the Runespan and Herbole Habitat, these are skill-based activities but to be put under mini-games I found to be incorrect.

Beyond that I simply stated that some games could be stated as PVP and others could be said to not be.

pyro-1.png

Oh right I get ya!

I actually thought that myself Herblore Habitat and Runespan, amongst a couple of others, are not defined as minigames or d&ds by Jagex (hence lack of symbol in-game map for them) Runespan dev blog even categorically stated that it is a training method not a mini-game. They really ought to be under 'general guides' and have a small section in the appropriate skill guide that re-directs to the larger guide.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I agree; I thought this would be a nice thing to consider for the new website as updating this one would be a little redundant. At this stage, best not to confuse people with re-direction if its all going to be changed anyways.

pyro-1.png