Update 1.0.3.9 (and a half) - 06-Aug-2012

Stev

Update 1.0.3.9 (and a half)

This message is to all players who are using DGSweeper 1.0.3.8 or below. If you're currently using a version higher then 1.0.3.8, please disregard this message.

I made updates to DGSweeper as optional; A player can update if they chose to or they can ignore the update message. However, versions older then 1.0.3.8 still partially refer to the host prior to Tip.It. I've been having growing issues with this host for months now and rather then keep support for versions older then 1.0.3.8, I've decided not to.

After the lengthy downtime it received little over 2 weeks ago, to losing all of my data stored on that server (not just for DGSweeper), and again experiencing constant down time, I'll be completely removing DGSweeper and it's resources from that host.

What does this mean to you? Well, if you chose not to update in the past you'd simply experience strange drawing, missing borders, and other irregularities. When I remove all of my data from the previous host, versions older then 1.0.3.8 will not even start up! I will no longer support versions older then 1.0.3.8

I'm giving you this chance to update before I make this change. To update, if one is available, right click the tray icon, scroll up to Current Version and select Update!.

I will be making this change in approximately one week.

Thanks!

PS. As I write this:

Current downloads: 98429.

I accidentally, and unknowingly, broke versions older then 1.0.3.8 for about 8 days... Sucks to think it'd be so much higher. Slowly climbing though. :).

09144a99bb.png

Just wondering are those unique downloads or also factor in updates? :P Anyways I think the decision to go for a single host & drop support is good (though I'd personally combine it with a "major" update), keeping mirrors like this often takes more time than it's worth.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

They are unique based on IP. I realise some people's IP change each time they connect but meh... I only decided to track download numbers in December to give myself a rough estimate as to how popular it was and the days and times which it was most commonly used and downloaded.

:).

09144a99bb.png