HP Pavilion Mx70 Monitor problem

Mist_Assassin

So i got this monitor for my pc:

8c30bd544a80804104ad0f96a4701dec.jpg

I know what you gonna say "Wtf do you live in the stone age or what?!". Yeah i know, but though i want to get ride of this monitor because of it´s gigantic size, it´s at the moment ok to use. And it´s round design kinda makes seem like not a outdated monitor (if you ask me).

Anyhow that aside:

I have a video cable adaptor for My acer desktop, and ... well let´s first take a look at a bigger picture of this product (the monitor):

hpMX70.jpg

You see the TURN OFF button just below the monitor´s name? Above that button is a "light" (it lights up when monitor is on).

The color is GREEN (bright green).

My monitor has a problem where the color changes from Green to yellowish (as if it´s not getting enough power or something). When i turn it off and on, it stays Green and bright for a second or two - then it becomes yellowish (and not brightly yellow). And whenever this happens the monitor does not load the picture.

Now this has happened before, and it was usually related to a error (i can´t remember the error message). But i managed to bypass this problem many times, by turning monitor off and on shorly, and simply pressing F1 when said error message came (and that fixed it). But now i have tried many things and the monitor is not "printing" out the picture of the boot up. And Presing F1 does´t help me any.

I tried to find out why its like that:

- Tried other electric outlets

- Even tried extension cords

I found out also that when i unplug the video cable adaptor from the video cable of the monitor - the monitor light goes back to green (healthy sign), and i hear the sound you hear when a monitor is working on putting up the picture of a cpu onto screen, not to mention the "Please connect video cable" in blue text appears on monitor screen.

My conclusion is that it must be the video cable adaptor - but it looks fine.

I brought a vacuum and tried to "suck" dust out of it (thought maybe that could be a factor).

Still it does´t work to well. Also funny enough when i still had video cable adaptor connected to the monitor´s video cable - i pressed the adaptor´s "needles" (you know what i mean ), and the monitor sometimes went green (again that is good sign as it´s always green when its working).

So i hope someone who knows about monitors can tell me why this is happening, if i have an option to fix it.

I don´t want to hear "Buy a new monitor" = unless your 100% sure this isn´t fixed easily.

Thank you for reading.

Sounds like the monitor isn't getting the signal from the computer. Have you made sure the video cable is correctly attached to both the monitor and the computer? Have you tried another monitor (you can borrow it from a friend if they want) to make sure it wasn't the computer that's not sending a signal to the monitor?

It isn't impossible that a part in the monitor itself failed, seeing as it is a model that is at least 12 years old.

Sounds like the monitor isn't getting the signal from the computer. Have you made sure the video cable is correctly attached to both the monitor and the computer? Have you tried another monitor (you can borrow it from a friend if they want) to make sure it wasn't the computer that's not sending a signal to the monitor?

It isn't impossible that a part in the monitor itself failed, seeing as it is a model that is at least 12 years old.

Yes, i made use the monitor´s cable was attached well to the adaptor, and the adaptor to the pc.

I will try a other screen, and if same thing happens then it may be the adaptor or something.

Depending on result i may get ride of the monitor.

The monitor was from a pc i bought (HP something) - and i recall how magical technology was back then :D

Still remember the different skins of Windows Media player and how magical when music played was.

But i didn´t keep it because of nostalgia.

THANK YOU for your replies - if you want to know how it goes when i try a other monitor be sure to check THIS post for a "EDIT", or if someone posts after me (then a new post).

SOLUTION?

I recently got a Samsung Synmaster 720N (17 LCC), and it seems that the problem was the monitor.

And WOOOOOOW : I got like over 3 times more space with this new monitor :D

Again to everyone who took interest in helping me out: thanks :)