Hacked? Don't know what to do?

Piu

NOTE: Would be nice if you could get this pinned. :)

__

So recently a lot of people have been getting hacked or their accounts hijacked by unknown people or hackers. This is due to many reasons, one of which is due to the database of many fansites being breaches, obtained and leaked for public malicious use.

That's not the point, however. What is, is how you can get back your account fast with minimal damage to it.

First and foremost, if you do not at least have a bank pin, do not expect any of your cash or items to be left in your account. But this guide will still help to prevent any further damage (such as bans from botting and mutes from advertising; both which can be resolved quite quickly but can be a nuisance) to your account.

This guide utilizes JAGEX's greedy and obsessive nature to your benefit.

Step 1:

Once you've realized your account has been compromised, head over to this thread ([qfc]250-251-19-64037413[/qfc]) or any relevant threads in that section of the forums. Make this post brief to state your account's situation and request that your account be locked ASAP.

Step 2:

Contact their billing support team. This is important because many people who have been hacked attempt to contact them at their account help e-mail ([email protected]) and have never received a reply for them. It takes up to 2 months for them to reply from what I hear.

This is where you will be contacting them - [email protected]

1. The title of the mail should be something like:

"CREDIT CARD REMOVAL"

or

"CANCELLATION FOR CREDIT CARD"

These are the e-mails that Jagex will go through first before others. Even if you do not have a credit card associated with the account, just put it that way to get attention of the customer support team.

The contents of your e-mail should include these:

1. Login name (Not really needed)

2. Display name

3. Account being compromised by a hacker

4. That your account be locked ASAP

5. Credit card associated with the account removed

They will take upto 48 hours to reply, but depending where you're from, they will reply as little as up to 2-3 hours. You will then receive an e-mail reply looking like this:

1jHxn.png

NOTE: Most likely at this point the hacker's registered e-mail on your account will be removed and you can start the recovery process on the homepage.

Step 3:

Once your account it secure, start the recovery process by posting in this thread: [qfc]250-251-19-64037413[/qfc]

From there on, slowly recover your account.

It is also optional that you request an account detail wipe for your account. This removes all previous account information that the hacker could or could've used to recover your account.[/hide]

• Like 14

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I really did not intend to make a joke out of this thread. (if that's what all the likes mean :P)

But I do admit that Jagex has very poor customer support besides billing issues.

• Like 1

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 1 month later...

I really did not intend to make a joke out of this thread. (if that's what all the likes mean :P)

Uh... I'm pretty sures Likes are because people like the thread.

Nice guide, but myself I had no bad experiences with customer support and I never had to threaten to cancel the credit card associated to my account.