flatscreen burn-in;S

Black_Widow

i have a relavantly new flam monitor and i just now noticed a really stupid thing about it - rs window has burned in it. umm, i dunno how to explain this, but its like this - whenever i open rs, the window pops up always in the exact same place. so i realised, that the edges, logout button, : (, : ), and all the other stuff that doesn't move has burned on my screen :| :oops: thank god, that its a blur atm, it seen only over dark background. im [bleep]ing scared to play rs now :/ no other games have done that to me. could it be, that all these edges and stuff are too sharp and when the monitor has been on for long time it starts to burn or sth? hope you got the point, despite its really messy. plz help

if the marks are still there look at ure waranty dont just listen to what the ppl at the shop tell u and try and re-turn it. But put a screen saver on that comes on after like 1 min idle time.

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Make sure you have a screensaver that comes on after a few minutes of idle time, and some minutes later, make your computer automatically go to standby mode. mages shouldn't burn in that quickly, but I could understand it if you left the screen on runescape for days on end.

The screen saver wouldnt help.

We know that it's not him being away from the computer because otherwise Runescape would log itself out, and it is the log out button that has burnt, and you need to be logged in to see that.

The screen sounds a bit defective to me, therefore i would also suggest taking it up with warrenty.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

That's a warranty call, no questions about it. No TFT should burn in that quick.

The only real way that's possible is if you've got it turned up all the way on everything and have been playing rs almost 24/7 since you got the monitor.

But even then, it'd take a good part of a few months of doing that :-?

If TFTs burned that easily, every Windows PC sreen would have a permanent START button and quicklaunch burn in.

It seems that there can be something less permanent than a burn-in, which will fade if excercised by flashing white/black - though one of the excercisers has also been known to tip weak pixels into complete failure.

http://3d2f.com/programs/39-973-tireal- ... load.shtml

http://3d2f.com/programs/39-793-dead-pi ... load.shtml

Run a few test cycles with various programs.