How to relocate a friend

Dire_Wolf

I wanted to make this topic to help others with issues of finding lost friends in Runescape.

First of all you need to understand your friends activitiy if he or she is playing Runescape or not.

If yes, then observe what your friend is doing.

Leveling skills? Which ones? Dungeoneering? Construction? Boss hunting?

Let's take standpoint in Dungeoneering ok?

Let's say your friend's name is Xy2.

Your job then is to find all the popular Dungeoneering chats. Ask their adminstrators and moderators to keep an eye out for Xy2 if he/she enters the chat. And if that happens then a moderator can say "Hey Xy2, your friend Xy3 is looking for you add him!".

You can also give a reward to whoever finds your friend. Example, 300K cash for whoever spots Xy2 and tells him or her that your looking for him/her. So when Xy2 pms you, you can ask "Who gave you my message that i looked for you?".

Xy2 answers "IT was XPlayer". You then reward Xplayer with 300K.

This approach won't be always be successful, but it's better than nothing. But let's say your friend is leveling skills related to the minigame Stealing Creations which from what i remember has couple popular chats. I remember Fast_sc.

Then you can go THAT chat (fast_sc) and ALL other POPULAR sc chats, and tell them "Look out for my friend please".

And promising a cash or item reward may motivated the moderators or chat users to help you.

Another chat that is universally used in Runescape is Penguin chats. So whatever skill a player is leveling, majority of Rs players do penguins. So contacting penguin chats is a very smart move.

I hope this will help you find your friend.

majority of Rs players do penguins. So contacting penguin chats is a very smart move.

I highly doubt that will work, tens of thousands of players use the penguin chats each week. There are around 100 ranks, between 1 and 3 ranks in a chat at a time for a few hours, the likelihood of one of them seeing someone in there (if they even speak) and remembering their name is very slim.

Theres also a high chance that any other D&D or minigame chat will see you as disruptive and end up kicking you.

• Like 1

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

majority of Rs players do penguins. So contacting penguin chats is a very smart move.

I highly doubt that will work, tens of thousands of players use the penguin chats each week. There are around 100 ranks, between 1 and 3 ranks in a chat at a time for a few hours, the likelihood of one of them seeing someone in there (if they even speak) and remembering their name is very slim.

Theres also a high chance that any other D&D or minigame chat will see you as disruptive and end up kicking you.

It's worth a try, and you can talk to a admin on private message instead of in the chat. That way you won't disrupt the chat.

+ If your willing to give 1M to a admin for going over the chat to check for the person - then i bet they will do that.

And if someone really needs to find their friends, then 5M will definetly help.