Laptop specs - advice

rudes7

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new laptop really soon and its important that the laptop is able to run runescape on atleast 30-40 fps on high detail (not max settings,I don't really care for fancy graphics), what should I look for when shopping for my laptop, in terms of memory, graphics card, processor e.t.c.

I am in a similar situation :P. What is your price range? I may be able to help.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

well you are super super limited at that price range, id advice trying to get an intel i5 prossesor (if you can at that price) and going for a nvidia gt (as high as possible) series graphics card, probably a 500gb harddrive with 5400rpm. If i were you I would try to bump that up to at least $650 for something youll be happy with. I am currently working towards a lenovo that i really like for $1099 because I know if i dont get something that has everything I want I will just be dissapointed in it. Look on the lonovo website and see whats in your price range, they have pretty good deals and good build quality.

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new laptop really soon and its important that the laptop is able to run runescape on atleast 30-40 fps on high detail (not max settings,I don't really care for fancy graphics), what should I look for when shopping for my laptop, in terms of memory, graphics card, processor e.t.c.

Thanks smile.png

Okay, so I'm assuming that all you care about is how well Runescape plays, then.

Memory: does not matter at all. Any laptop you buy today will have sufficient memory to run Runescape.

Graphics card: depends on how you play the game. Do you play the game in "fixed mode" or in a small window that doesn't fill much of your screen? Then just about any graphics card will perform adequately. Do you play the game in full screen, or in a window that fills your entire screen? Then you will need a little bit of juice in the graphics department, but still not a whole lot.

Processor: the performance of Runescape depends heavily on your processor. The cheaper AMD processors are really limited in this aspect, and I am not sure if they would have sufficient juice to play the game at 30+ fps, so I wouldn't be comfortable recommending anything that isn't Intel.

Unfortunately, there's only so much you can do with $400. The lowest set-up that would cover all your bases would be an Core i3 processor with an HD 4000 integrated graphics chip, but I'm not sure if you can get that at that price point. You might be able to make meet your demands with lower grade processors (in particular if you play in a small window), but I can't promise that the lower processor speed and the worse integrated graphics would be able to produce 30+ fps consistently. They might, or they might not ... I just don't know.

Careful suggestions:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.M17AA.002 ($430, but the processor might be too slow ... )

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model-datasheet/NX.M2DAA.009 ($500, but will definitely be fast enough)

Maybe you can find a good deal somewhere on a laptop that's normally around $500 or so. I can't really find anything for $400 for which I could promise that it would run Runescape well enough.