Dungeoneering progress "resetting" - I don't get it?

jetset516a

So I started last week really playing dg. Never tried it, but got to lvl 65 from Tears of Guthix, skill lamps, etc...I enjoy it a lot and am learning fast how most everything works. I don't for the life of me understand the "reset" bit. Like now...my "current" progress is 8, my previous is 39. Should I "reset? What does that mean for "prestiege" and why is that good anyway?

Thanks in advance for help!

Prestige is one of the biggest things that determines how much xp you will get from a floor. It used to be that if you completed a floor after it was already checked off your prestige would be 0, which would pretty much halve your xp. But since doing a floor will now check off any other undone floors of the same theme, your prestige will only be 0 if you complete a floor and all the other floors of the same theme are done too. You should reset your progress only after all of your available floors are checked off. You can complete lower floors quickly by doing them in small c1 mode. (You could also try c6, I don't know how good the xp is now with the dungeoneering xp adjustments.)

Tl;dr: Reset after all your floors are checked off.

• Like 1
70b0c3fc9b.png

So...even though I've finished up to floor 39, and the xp from, say, F1 - F28 or so is crap, I should reset, strt back at floor one and go all the way through again?

What is I reset and just started at my highest floor?

Yes to the first question. You would get more xp once you reset, but in order to keep getting better xp you would have to redo all previous floors. So I guess to answer the second question it really doesn't matter where you start once you reset just so long as you complete all the other floors as well eventually.

Hope this helps.

Tirith_Aear.png

jfyat2.jpg

How many RuneScape members does it take to change a lightbulb? 2000. One to change it and 1999 to complain about how the old lightbulb was better.

jetset, never hit the Reset button until all the floors you can access are checked off. Otherwise, your prestige will be reduced to the number of floors you previously checked off, which will lower your exp gains and prestige level during the next run. So if you have access to 39+ floors, do ALL of them and then Reset, after which you would repeat the cycle and preferably come up resetting with a higher number of floors unlocked and completed. :geek:

I hope this helps. Like you, I was a bit of a slow-learner about this part of the process. :huh:

~D. V. "Who knew it could be such a mental pain, eh?" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)