Help on maxing - High lvl players help me?

chazzawatts

Okay guys, although i have been a member of tip.it forever I never really post much and just take in other peoples knowledge however this time I feel I need you higher level guys to help me out

I want to max out my account, and although I have some ideas how I should go about this I am definitely not a pro.

First off here are my current stats

islay%20demons.png

Now as you can see I am not particularly close to maxing but I have been absent from this account for large periods of time and am back on it once again. I know I have alot of skills left to do blah blah blah. But if any of you guys have some advice for maxing, whether its tips for certain skills, overall advice, hints etc. all would be appreciated as I wish to have the best knowledge possible going into this challenge. I will say cash is a slight issue at the moment as 2 times I previously quit I gave away about 200m and dumped all my cash into herblore when I come back, so I am avoiding the buyables for the moment but hoping bossing, slayer etc. will help cover some of the more expensive skills, if not lamps, pendants, pengs etc will have to help out where possible.

Fire away guys I would love to hear your opinions!

(off topic, do any of they older TIF guys remember me from Skill N' Chill, like Sheynara, Leikjanet etc. ??)

swagbucks-173x63Alt5.jpg

First things first, go ahead and start farming while you work on your other skills. You should also attempt to get 99 slayer while maxing your combat skills (which is easier to do now that mage and ranged are viable for slaying).

The usual advise is to start (fi you aren't already) doing herb runs and dailies. First thing would be getting dungeoneering to 95ish atleast, to gain access to (more than one)chaotics. Then slayer while maxing defence and range. After this you should have a decent amount of money.

Seeing as I am not maxxing yet, but am working up to all 90+, I will try to help you out a bit - as limited as my knowledge might be.

Well, firstly you want to get your DG up - like previously suggested, I would say you need atleats dual chaotic rapiers and a maul, while doing herb runs and dailies. In terms of other DG rewards, as you should be doing herb runs daily, you need a scroll of life and juju pots.

I don't know how much you know about DD's, but the ones I always do is Troll invasion, which is a good chunk of free xp per month and Tears of Guthix weekly, for a nice change of xp also.

If I were to give you a list, this is what I would suggest:

1. Herb runs daily

2. Get scroll of life and jujus ASAP (I would say even scroll of life before chaotics due to your low lvl DG). Since you can pot from 71 to 74 for juju 2nd ingredients, this should be done right away. Juju farming pots make a world of difference, so while hunting for seeds will be slow, it is definitely worthwhile and there is little point to do farm runs without Jujus.

3. Buy your broad arrows and arrowheads (300k gp daily) for decent fletcching xp.

4. Have your MTK running daily, check Grimy's spreadhseets for best items to collect

5. Merch if you can (I personally cbf, so I just PvM, so if you prefer that, get yourself your dual rapiers/maul and PvM) Merching or PVM should cover your buyable skills.

6. Dump all your xp lamps into skills that are not buyable and you dislike the most (personally, i Hate thieving, but since it ius fast I dump all my laps and any random xp into agility - havent trained agility since lvl 74, thank god for SOF lamps/troll invasion/task list xp)

7. After you obtain atleast dual cr and some range/mage gear, do some slaying to maxx out your combat.

8. If you like AFK-ing or would like to do that due to studying, ivy's and runespan is your friend

9. w84 is your friend for mining (after you have reqs for Juju mining pots)

10. Artisans workshop with SC hammers is your friend for AFK smithing

11. Crafting is for green d'hides

There are certainly other options and a lot of aspects I did not cover, i really dont have time to type the whole RS out, but this is what I have done, and have relatively quickly gotten from total 1900's to where I am now. I have the cash to get all buyables 90+, but atm I only care for PvM, so maybe in the future, once i get that thieving above 90, I will get the other skills on par as well.

purekilljoy.png

Thanks for all the feedback guys, so basically, herb runs non stop, hit dungeoneering first, keep upto date with DD and lamps etc. I am only 300k away from hitting 99 def so I may actually max this before dual rapiers? Are they're any tricks to be super efficient? I gather that minning and superheating gold ore in LRC is a good way to get alot of xp in those different skills, anything else similar to that, that is worthwhile doing?

I appreciate all the help, keep it coming

swagbucks-173x63Alt5.jpg

Well basically you're going to have to give up your social life, stock up on Red Bull and Hotpockets, get a supply of empty bottles and develop the habit to click rhythmic in your sleep in order to max out the most efficient way.

Red Bull will be for more energy, meaning you'll be able to play for longer. Down side of this is that you're going to crash sooner or later and it's going to be a bad crash.

Hotpockets obviously will be your source of food.

Empty bottles is for your toilet needs. Going to the toilet to do your business is exp waste.

The Rhythmic clicking is so that you can do skills like Crafting, Fletching and Smithing in your sleep. Again so you don't waste any exp.

On a more serious note though.

Farm runs. Do them as often as you can. Do your best herb. Try fit in at least 1 tree and one fruit tree run a day as well.

Do the dailies that offer Exp. Don't bother with dailies that offer a 50k profit. They're a waste of time.

Try and do your Daily Challenges as well as they can often be easy and offer a decent amount of experience.

Slay your way to Max Combat, that should be pretty obvious.

Do C2's for Fishing and Woodcutting. I believe they offer the best combined exp for those two particular skills.

Broad Arrows for Fletching. Maybe a bit costly, but fast.

Runespan for Runecrafting.

Mining + Superheating till 99 Mining and if you're still short on 99 Smithing(which you will be) best Platebodies you can do for, until 99.

I beleive Blue Dragonhide Bodies might still be the best method to use for Crafting. So do those.

Firemaking at Jadinko Lair. I believe that's one of the best methods.

For Agility and Hunter you're gonna have to download a lot of series, i Suggest Dexter Season 1 - whatever it's on now, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Friends (just for some old school laughs), and Game of Thrones, because those two skills will kill you if you do not find some way to distract you from how utterly, horrible, terribly boring they are.

Construction you're probably going to want to do Dungeon doors as i believe they're one of the better gp/exp methods (might not be the same anymore, i don't know).

Prayer via Dragon Bones (Frost Bones if you can afford it).

Herblore you'll probably want to make x-amount of each Extreme Potion and then use them to make Overloads till 99.

For Dungeoneering, either find a clan/friends to DG with or do solo floors. You are worth more as a person than having to give in to the frustration that the official/unofficial Dungeoneering worlds will offer.

For skills that require money... Learn to flip, or camp GWD, Sell floors in DG (assuming you have the required skill to do so), stake, or something...