Lesser demons f2p

MrLeitexxx

so, i've been off the game for a few months, and i'm f2p at the moment. i wanted to go kill lesser demons to train up my attack/defence stats as well as for the fire rune drops so i got all my rune armour, rune scimitar and rune kiteshield (i don't use the 2h so i can use the shield heal spell thing). as i was fighting them i noticed that all the attacks that were landing were magic based.

my question is, what is the fastest way to kill lesser demons in f2p and what is the best armor/weapon setup?

thanks in advanced :)

MrLeitexx.png

MrLeitexx.png

MrLeitexx.png

Lessers are now weak to ranged, specifically bolts. I'm pretty sure our options for crossbows are still pretty limited, so the best setup would be:

Blue d'hide coif

Blue d'hide top, bottom and vembraces.

Batwing boots

Power amulet

Explorer's Ring (optional, it gives a +2 Prayer boost and allows you to high alch drops)

Magic shieldbow and/or shortbow

Rune arrows.

Adjust appropriately if you don't have 50 Ranged for the magic bow and rune arrows. I killed them yesterday from 42-50 using a maple bow and mithril arrows, swapping to a maple shieldbow when I needed to use rejuvenate.

The magic shieldbow has lower attack than the shortbow, but allows you to use rejuvenate so you don't need to bring food.

Edit: btw - you can gain defense xp using ranged. I honestly don't know if we could before, it's been years since I trained combat outside of daemonheim.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Don't melee lessers. It takes way too long. Try red spiders or something else with a melee weakness.

Also, you have no reason whatsoever not to switch to a shield when you're at 50% health so that you can use rejuvenate. Which is why I don't recommend a shield bow for training, just have a shield in your inventory.

Lessers are now weak to ranged, specifically bolts. I'm pretty sure our options for crossbows are still pretty limited, so the best setup would be:

Blue d'hide coif

Batwing boots

Power amulet

Explorer's Ring (optional, it gives a +2 Prayer boost and allows you to high alch drops)

Rune arrows.

Adjust appropriately if you don't have 50 Ranged for the magic bow and rune arrows. I killed them yesterday from 42-50 using a maple bow and mithril arrows, swapping to a maple shieldbow when I needed to use rejuvenate.

The magic shieldbow has lower attack than the shortbow, but allows you to use rejuvenate so you don't need to bring food.

Edit: btw - you can gain defense xp using ranged. I honestly don't know if we could before, it's been years since I trained combat outside of daemonheim.

Agree with that setup (just remember to use a shortbow with a shieldbow/shield in inv). Also, you could gain def xp before, you just had to use the Long Range style.

22031_s.gif

Abilties don't cost arrows. If you use abilities constantly, you should only lose your arrows once every 5 lessers or so (attacking without pre-targetting makes you shoot an arrow before your abilities are used).

22031_s.gif

decebal is right. I was ranging Lessers for about 3 hours last night and only lost 100 or so arrows. And that's without pre-targeting (I'm too used to just clicking when I attack a creature :P).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Blue d'hide coif

Batwing boots

Power amulet

Rune arrows.

Did jagex make blue D'hide f2p?

U71.png

Blue d'hide coif

Batwing boots

Power amulet

Rune arrows.

Did jagex make blue D'hide f2p?

Yes. Everything Kaida mentioned is now F2P.

22031_s.gif