Barrows Help

ghostman

Hey guys, I haven't gone to Barrows in ~4 years, and would like to try again.

My stats are:

96 attack

95 str

95 def

98 hp

92 mage

96 range

I have the following gear:

Void + range/melee helm

Arma top/bottom

Bandos top/bottom

Dfs

Fury

Enough runes

and around 10m cash to work with, but I'd like to not spend it all.

What's a good setup to use nowadays? Is the tanking in melee while maging, or using a black salamander still viable?

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I take my mage gear(Subjugation robes + all other mage boosters) with Chaotic staff.

All 4 elemental runes.

Bandos chest and tassets with dual rapiers.

Armadyl chest and skirt with royal crossbow and crystal bow(optional to take both).

Ardougne cloak 4/Comp cape to teleport to altar + Drakans medallion.

Overload, a pray pot, some food just in case.

Weaknesses:

Dharok - fire spells

Guthan - air spells

Torag - earth spells

Verac - water spells

Akrisae - bolts

Ahrim - arrows

Karil - stab

I start with Akrisae, switching between range with bolts and mage(any surge). I try to stun him with Binding shot or Impact so he cannot melee me. Everytime he changes prayer, change your gear and start off with a treshold ability and continue with basic until he switches again. Soul split also helps.

The rest are pretty straightforward, killing them with what they are weak to. Use abilties to speed through, though it's still not as fast as it was pre-EoC.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

My stats aren't as good as you are and I haven't got the drakan's medallion. But I've been having succes with this setup:

I don't know about higher-lvl'd options; But I bring food and just run back up after a chest, I can keep this up for quite a while, I don't use prayer. When my food's up I teleport to house, if you're more sure of urself u can just bring a charged glory amulet and take some extra food.

Either Ancients & Ice blitz or Normal with Snare & polypore.

Melee brothers:

Polypore staff, ahrim skirt, robe & hood

ice blitz, just freeze & run. Try to time stuns between the freeze. With Normal I click the target arrow before I hit the chest, immediately target him and snare (use snare on a keybind), with a little luck they're dead in one snare (40seconds).

Just started using the Escape ability, melee brothers no longer hit me now. click (auto-attk blitz), escape, spam abilities until treshold, by this time they're out of snare, I can either stun them or use Surge to teleport over & behind them.

Karil:

Barrow melee chest & legs & Saradomin sword (however an equal or better stab weapon is better, karil's weak to stab)

Karil is the most dangerous for me, followed by dharok.

Ahrim:

Ahrim set and crystal bow

It takes a little longer without range gear, but ahrim hardly ever hits me.

Inv full of sharks, maybe rocktails better for you. I don't use prayer.

tips:

with using teleport & preparation I try to stay in combat if im high health, to preserve my adrenaline. When I need to heal I use regeneration. Sometimes I don't use a shark in 2 or 3 runs, you'll do even better.

This is but a theory but I think the barrow brothers get stronger when you pray against them. Which would make sense, there's a whole anti-prayer vibe in barrows, with the prayer drain & all.

Don't be a nab and melee everything like you used to. I've seen lvl 200's die to dharok, like an hour ago infact.

edit: just used blitzing after trying snaring, I found blitzing more efficient.

You dont actually need to cast dedicated snare spells to snare, Impact comes with its own snare, and it isnt shown in its tooltips.

My setup:

Common:

Barrow Gloves

Fury

Ardy Cape 3

Gano boots

RoW

Melee:

Z Spear

Verac Helm/chest/legs

Mage:

Polypore

Akrisae Helm/Chest/legs

Range:

Crystal bow

Karil helm/Chest/legs.

Prayers i use:

All 3 95 curses depending what I am using

Soul Split

I get from Dharok to looting chest in 1 single ovl dose usually without it expiring, and brothers die, or are close to dead by the time i use my first threshold ability, Karil and Ahrim are especially vulnerable to Assault and Rapid Fire respectively

Edit: I forgot to mention that my run speed was skipping Akrisae and killing torag instead.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I've been having good luck using Gano with master wand and arcane. I use Divine storm for the spell.

I also take a set of dh for killing karil.

I would definitely recommend a set up that uses a shield, between resonance and rejuvenate I don't use any food for barrows.

Actually I argue that shields dramatically slows down kills because of the lower accuracy from wands, with the correct timing, you can almost entirely avoid taking damage from the brothers, which eliminates the need and the use of any shield completely, the lower accuracy from lower weapons will dramatically slow down kills, because the melee brothers are not pushovers anymore.

I use on average less than 1 monkfish per 5 trips, and mostly is due to me not turning on Deflect melee when my impact splashed.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)