runescape launcher can't get through firewall

tinch15

Unfortunately i can't play the in browser version of runescape so i need the launcher. I'm using windows 7 and the launcher can't get through the firewall. I've tried everthing and it just won't work.

help pls? :-(

What firewall are you using?

I'll add to this and ask... Where are you trying to connect to RuneScape from, tinch? :huh:

If it's a workplace and/or school, then it's no wonder you can't connect as the worksite/school will be actively blocking it in most all cases. Plus, if that's the case, you won't stand a [beep] ghost of a chance of getting it unblocked and accessible once again. (In short, if I've guessed your situation correctly, all you can do is to give up. It would be illegal for us to help you circumvent the worksite/school firewall, tinch.) :(

~Mr. D. V. "Sick of being 'Mr. Doomsayer' around here..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue with Bit-defender and just gave up honestly :P. So I'm just sticking to playing in the browser. Even disabling the firewall completely didn't work. Which makes think it has something to do with the live file scanning but didn't feel like messing with it anymore :P. But, try adding an exception rule based the program (probably what I should have tried) no matter what our AV is this is usually an option.

Alexsage91.png

I know it's pretty right now but, I'll get there(I hope :P).

If your on a network, chances are you have two firewalls. Your computer has (or should have) a firewall, be it the default windows firewall or a program you added manually. A network router will also have a firewall it's own, and this is the one that typically gives people trouble. To get past the router, you need to access it (by visiting its ip address from any computer on its network, normally 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1) and set up port forwarding for the relevant ports, and guides for just about every router ever can be found here. Not sure which ports RuneScape uses though.