SwiftKit won't load with Swift Browser

Kyvrn

I just got swiftkit again, and I found I am unable to load runecape when using it.

I noticed the reason is because the default browser swiftkit uses is the swift browser.

This makes it so that Runescape won't load.

Is there a way to make it so that swiftkit uses google chrome instead of swiftbrowse, if that was the case I would be able to play runescape again.

There is no way to make SwiftKit use anything other than Internet Explorer. The Default Browser setting inside SwiftKit will only changed what happens when you click on links to external sites, enabling it will cause the links to open in your default browser (be that chrome or what ever browser you use), Disabling it will cause links to open with the Swift Broswer, A lite weight browser designed for quick access to RuneScape related content.

If you are unable to load Runescape it is most likely because you installed Java with chrome. When you install Java with Chrome or FireFox they both Sandbox the installation So that way Java Applets can only be access by their own processes, this is most like for security purposes. So to solve this you need to install Java using Internet Explorer, this will then give SwiftKit access to load Java, Because SwiftKit uses the same internet and security settings as Internet explorer.

simmo200.png

That there is your issue, you need to change your setting to allow java,

1. Click Tools and then Internet Options
  2. Select the Security tab, and select the Custom Level button
  3. Scroll down to Scripting of Java applets
  4. Make sure the Enable radio button is checked
  5. Click OK to save your preference

http://java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml

And please can you stick to just this topic posting the same thing in multiple topics that are weeks if not months old is just wasting our time.

simmo200.png

Kyvrn, that statement made little sense.

SwiftKit uses the Internet Explorer hook in Windows for all it's websites, this essentially means if it works in IE, it'll work in SwiftKit.

Have you tried clearing your jagex cache before running SK?

Also yeah I did delete the cache, and it still does not work... Do you still need java 6? And would JavaFX have anything to do with it. I saw that in my programs and don't know what it is.

so far I have done the following....

1. Reinstalled Java (deleted it) Reinstalled it

2. Restarted computer

3. Deleted Jagex Cache

4. Restarted Computer.

5. Stuck ;(

remoted in did a fresh install of java, then went into internet options > security tab > custom level > set it to medium-high and then click reset zones to default, apply. Reload runescape then worked.

simmo200.png

it was set to medium-high but they were all custom, the key one being java applets disabled the rest were all over the place, hence why I reset it all to default.

simmo200.png