The Farming and Herblorists guild and minigame

Bellatrix

The Green Guild (Farmers and Herblorists guild)

Sigh, I know there is no much hope for that to happen, but I've been toying with those ideas for long time - so posting them here will make no harm. :)

Introduction:

I think there no real good argument against the fact that farmers and Herblorists do deserve their own guild. After all, those two related skills are challanging and slow to progress (Unless you actually buy herblore experience by purchesing insane amount of herbs) - much more complicated then mining, woodcutting, etc. A guild can be a goal and fine reward to challenge players and encourage them to train those skills.

Now, when planning a new guild, there are 3 main things that we must consider:

1. There must be a certain reward for those high enough to enter the guild.

Rewards can take many forms: while the most simple is the ability to buy things that are not sold elsewhere (like soul runes and mystic set in the wizard guild), there are many other forms of reward.

one thing, similar but more tricky then the previous, is increase ability to obtain something rare - the best example are the shadow warriors in the legand guild. You can obtain left half also from other monsters, but those special monsters in the guild drops it more frequently. Third version of the same concept is a larger stock of goods or tools that are find elsewere in smaller numbers (and with no competition from lower level player) - for example, take the large coal mine in the mining guild.

Other kind of reward is having some different (but related) facilitties gothered in one place. For example - the crafting guild. The meaning is - less running around to use the skill.

The Lack of any significant reward makes the guild nearly absolute. Why should I bother to use the fishing guild, when I can get everything it offers in catherby (note that fishing spots, unlike mining rocks or monsters, doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make real difference if they are crowded).

2. The GuildÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Reward should not break the game balance:

No real explantion about that point is needed. Add 8 rune rocks to the mining guild, and the market will be flooded with rune bars, so high level smithing will become too easy. Add a Store with 100 tree seeds in stock in the Farming guild, and all uniqeness of those rare things will be ruined, and farmers will soon advance with no real difficulty. Same goes with too many facilities in one place - for example: a furance, envil and bank, all in one place.

3. The guild must ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅfeelÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

this sounds like great fun, it would give me a reason to contiue the fun skill of farming, althought the minigame seems a little too complicated.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

I think it's a great idea and it isn't too overpowered like the other farming guilds suggested here. The mini-game sounds great and really simple. I don't really like the idea about the herblore and farming clothes or the "trimmed racks" though. Overall, I think you did a great job and you should definately send this to Jagex.

I dont know any good way to send that to jagex, eccept to post It in the runescape suggestion forum (the problem is that after 20 minutes your topic is thrown down by 10 topics of "omg!!!1 y not adding a drag0n ninja sword?! ploX!!!" :?

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

I was just considering a similar idea. Yay, I used search. :) Anyway, I like your idea. I have a couple of suggestions though.

Have them separate as 2 different guilds that work together. A 50 herblore could get you in the door for that particular guild and that 47 you suggested could get you in the farming guild. There would be a door that connects them and allows you to move back and forth if you have the required skill levels.

I really like how you laid out your plan for it. The way I imagine this guild setup would be to have a central building with different areas for farming and herblore. Around this building would be various allotments. Nearby would be a greenhouse for various added functions of growing things. Perhaps the greenhouse would be the area that you grow herbs in. It would sure be nice to have 4 or 5 herb allotments in one place.

The main function I'd like to see would be to allow a person to plant crops or herbs in the hope of harvesting more seeds. Some of the allotments here would yield seeds, not fruits and vegetables. This wouldn't be some massive way to just flood the market with seeds. It would just be nice to be able to plant a crop and get back seeds like you do in real life.