[UPDATED] Grand Exchange Transaction App (Would you use?)

SAA

Would You Use It?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Use This App?

• Yes, I have a Mac (OS X).
    • No, but I would there was an iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad) version.
    • No, but I would if there was a Windows version (I don't have Mac/OSX or iOS/iPhone/iPod/iPad).
    • No, but I would if there was an Android version.
    • Other (I will post my answer).
    • I would not use such an app.

You could potentially include the images with your software. It's 8.30 MB, but it would require a 1 time installation (and you'd have to update it when new items are added). It wouldn't require loading a long HTML file each time you search for an image, though.

You could potentially include the images with your software. It's 8.30 MB, but it would require a 1 time installation (and you'd have to update it when new items are added). It wouldn't require loading a long HTML file each time you search for an image, though.

Possibly, but then I might get into legal issues with Jagex (as I would be redistributing their property).

Have an Android phone? Check out my Runescape apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SAA

Follow my app development Twitter here.

Considering that they made every single image available just so the fansites etc could use them, I don't think that would be a problem :P

Interesting. I will definitely look into it and consider it (but I also need to browse the HTML data for item IDs).

It's not a top priority at the moment though. I'm more focused on gearing up for release (and deciding/figuring out how to release it in the first place).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smelly Paws

Why?

Unfortunately, Jagex would probably never add such features as it would be promoting flipping in their eyes. Once one gets the hang of it, flipping is a very powerful, and slightly easy method to make money. This app is only intended to make things even easier.

It would be about the same as if Jagex added an in-game tool to track gambling profits (but of course, flipping is no where near as controversial as those gambling games).

I think you answered the question with your own response.

I'm here to play a fantasy game, not stockmarkets. Making money is a bi-product of my game, not the focus of it. Be honest with yourself- you probably came to RS to play the game for the same reasons I do now but now you've shifted focus. if it ever gets to that stage for me I'll quit and play something else.

Why?

Unfortunately, Jagex would probably never add such features as it would be promoting flipping in their eyes. Once one gets the hang of it, flipping is a very powerful, and slightly easy method to make money. This app is only intended to make things even easier.

It would be about the same as if Jagex added an in-game tool to track gambling profits (but of course, flipping is no where near as controversial as those gambling games).

I think you answered the question with your own response.

I'm here to play a fantasy game, not stockmarkets. Making money is a bi-product of my game, not the focus of it. Be honest with yourself- you probably came to RS to play the game for the same reasons I do now but now you've shifted focus. if it ever gets to that stage for me I'll quit and play something else.

You're right. But you also have to consider two possibilities:

A) Having money in this game can get you quite far, quite fast. Many skills can be made less tedious and less the amount of time to accomplish a goal. In fact, almost every skill, if not every skill, requires some amount of money/wealth in some way. Those that have more of it are at an advantage.

B) You also have to consider the fact that I honestly believe there are people, like me, who genuinely enjoy flipping (or as you call it, a stock market experience).

Now, of course, if you prefer not to flip, that's absolutely fine. One does not have to flip and it's merely an option. By all means, continue to play the game in a way that you most enjoy (with the exception that you don't violate any rules and make another player's experience worse). :)

SAA

Guest Smelly Paws

On the most part we are very much agreed :) . I would disagree on one thing - A lack of money/wealth does not put a player at a disavantage. That could be looked on as an opportunity. Not everyone treats skilling as a sprint. For me its a brisk walk - I'll get there when I get there.

Good luck with what you're doing though and thanks for the honesty :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...