* Some bugs do exist. There are also not active safety-nets (i.e. if the user intentionally tries to crash the program by entering invalid values).
Version: Alpha 1.0 [4/17/2013]
Note: Edits, new things, or updates, will be posted in a different colour to distinguish.
I'm quite new to the forums, but not new to Runescape in general. I have known about Runescape for probably close to 10 years (but have not played the entire time; on and off). Awhile back, I ventured into the wonderful field of item flipping. I started making quite a decent some of money, until it wasn't fast and efficient enough. To maximize profit and efficiency, I wished there was an app to help me boost profits. And then I started making that app...
I started working on a project in my spare time to allow me to manage transactions, monitor profit, and most importantly, notify me when I can reuse another item (due to the 4 hour trade limit on items).
It's still in alpha (roughly Alpha 1.0), although a lot of the core features are working. Below are some recent pictures:
Screenshots, design, and the user interface are copyright © 2013 by me. Item names and item images seen in the screenshots are the property of their respective owners (Jagex).
- Saving and loading.
- Export to Microsoft Excel
- Search for item and extract item ID.
- Adds user-specified transaction (i.e. price per or total price, quantity, purchase date, etc.).
- Calculates profit for each transaction (when sold).
- Can now sell an item.
- Item notifications when an item can be reused (due to the 4 hour Grand Exchange trade limit) are now working! [Latest update/feature].
Notification when an item can be reused (due to the 4 hour Grand Exchange trade limit)(now working). Still working on the ability to sell an item(now working).
- Way too many possible features that I can think off right off the bat. Right now, I'm focused on the core features and fixing bugs/errors.
- The application is written in Objective-C and is currently only working on the Mac (OS X).
- I may or may not develop an iOS (iPod, iPhone, iPad) version depending on support/popularity.
- A Windows (and subsequently Android) version is not likely (although this could change at any moment).
What Do You Think?
I have set up a poll to gather feedback your feedback. Most importantly, I would love to hear what you have to say. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or comments, please feel free to post.