Barrows guide is outdated

Seems like it still focuses on pre-EoC styles of combat. Barrows is now simple enough to do without prayer and only a few sharks (maybe even none depending on your luck) per run.

Magic: 

With the exception of Karil and Akrisae, none of the brothers really pose a threat to mages. With good magic armour Ahrim will barely hit. Dharok, Guthan, Verac, and Torag can be safespotted with any magic spell, even if your at 0% adrenaline impact will hold them long enough to get 50% for Asphyxiate,  after that if you have a reasonable magic level and are using a high enough spell (50+ would probably be fine now) they'll either be dead or close to it with only a few basic abilities needed to kill them.

Now Karil and Akrisae are what food is necessary for, granted I have 91 defence and am using gano armour so karil only hits maybe 25% of the time so healing against him is usually unnecessary, Akrisae however is played down in the guide as a weak inaccurate brother though that is false. His magic attack may only hit 30-40% of the time but it's usually 1k+ and I've experienced this even with high magic defence ganodermic. If he didn't use prayer this would be negligible and he would be dead relatively quick but since he does the fight can get drawn out giving him time to do serious damage. Magic is much less effective against him than it is Ahrim though not so much that you need to bring melee and ranged just for him. 

Melee:

Simple enough with a Saradomin Sword or whatever you prefer. Simply hack and slash through all the brothers, even Ahrim is relatively harmless as he should go down quick with little time to lower stats, his regular magic attacks are fairly inaccurate even against melee armour. Akrisae is a bit more annoying though, higher chance of his 1k+ magic hits, still he goes down easy enough with proper weapon swapping to counter his prayers. Overall you will take substantially more damage, even with high level melee armour the melee brothers still hit a fair amount, Karil is now harmless but melee is not nearly as effective or as safe as magic is against the melee brothers.

Ranged:

Probably the least preferable but could still be an option for those with high range. The crystal bow is a great accurate choice, no ammo to worry about and hours of combat without the need to recharge for the eventual cheap price of 200k. I would never recommend this without the use of prayer though so it seems rather pointless.

Free quick healing between brothers!: 

Drakan's Medallion can provide a quick tele to Burgh De Rott for free and easy healing, not just a quick tele to barrows. Banking heals for free in seconds now so this should definitely be taken advantage of instead of using the ever-more expensive food.

Overall Barrows is even easier due to the introduction of EoC, Akrisae is a bit more annoying being that Korasi's sword made him incredibly weak but for those that haven't unlocked him and his now cheapo armour barrows is easy.

Oh and the rewards part is strangely off.  With 0 kills I obtain all of the mentioned drops except the RoW drops (waste of time really), it may increase the amount received slightly but the chest always drops varying amounts regardless of kill count . Crystal triskellion parts should also be added to the rewards, in 40 runs I've gotten 2 parts.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, ever since EoC we've had a number of guides in need of rework. Barrows is coming up on my list so I really appreciate this post, I'll let you know when I get to it!

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!