Farming Cycles?

muggiwhplar

How does logging out affect one's farming growth cycles?

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Herbs can only grow between 0:00-0:05, 0:20-0:25, and 0:40-0:45

If I log in at 8:37 and remain logged in, my herb will grow (or become diseased) at 8:42, 9:02, and 9:22

What does the personal farming tick thingy change to once I log out?

I've logged out at 8:37 before, then logged in as late as 8:47 and my herbs didn't grow at all while I was logged out. I thought they were supposed to grow at some point between 8:40-8:45? I'm not sure how the growth timers work once I'm logged out. >_>

77yLQy8.png

The growth time of a crop is split into growth cycles

Growth cycles are 5, 10, 20, 40,..., or 740 minutes long

Growth cycles are made of 2 pieces: the growth period and the no-growth period

The growth period is 5 minutes long and is during the first 5 minutes of the growth cycle

Farming ticks are spaced 500 game ticks apart and start 500 ticks after you log in or you log out

When a farming tick occurs during a growth period, the crop grows or becomes diseased

So if your farming tick is set to occur at 10:43 am and you log out at 10:42 am, it will occur at 10:47 am instead and your crop won't grow

E:

Hedgehog explains it better than I did... ninja'd me. {Can delete this post if you want Hedge}

E2:
lol.. here I am trained that colors = mods. :D Nevermind then. I'll uh.. try to edit something useful in here.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

More questions...

Logged in at 4:38, harvested and replanted all patches

Newly-planted herb grew at 4:43

Logged out at 4:44

Logged in at 5:38, one herb patch is fully grown, yet the others are not.

1. Why aren't they all on the same stage of growth? None were diseased. >_>

2. At 5:43 the other herbs finished growing. Why didn't they finish growing sooner?

3. Herbs have 4 stages of growth, correct? The 1st stage is a freshly-planted seed, the 4th stage is ready to be picked? Right?

77yLQy8.png

Just finished an herb run. Planted my last seed at 12:36, logged out, hopped to world 1, and when I logged back in at 12:37, the freshly-planted seed grew to stage 2. All my other herbs are still at stage 1 though.

So yeah right now I'm relatively sure nobody has an accurate assessment of how these damn herbs grow lol

edit: Another herb just grew at 12:41. In other words, my Draynor patch grew, and then 5 minutes later my Ecto patch grew too. Which doesn't make sense since theoretically they should be growing at 20 minute intervals, at the same time.

EVERYTHING I THOUGHT I KNEW ABOUT FARMING WAS WRONG D:

77yLQy8.png

Yeah, I've had periods where my herbs didn't grow for 4 ticks in a row for some reason.  Normally they grow in the theoretical timeframe though.  Like 95% of the time.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.