Magic accuracy? Trident of the seas?

Powerfrog

I've never understood how exactly this works and can't seem to find any information on it.

First of all, do all spells have the same base accuracy? I remember anecdotally people thought lower level spells were MORE accurate but I never saw any statistics on this.

How much a part do your levels, your magic attack bonus, and your opponents defense play into it?

Does the trident of the seas have it's own accuracy, or is it the same as (All?) spells or a specific spell that can be used as a reference point?

I'm curious if 80 mage trident/ancients is gonna be better than 61 range on Jad. I just watched a guy do jad with trident and blood blitz and from the video the blood blitz seemed to have WAY better accuracy which is why I'm curious, though the same size of attacks was quite small.

He didn't do it, but bursting the healers when they're near jad might be a good idea. They have significantly lower mage defense and the way bursting works would mean jad would get hurt a lot.

CNqWHdA.jpg

All spells are equally accurate. We proved that on xpw a while back.

Defense is 2/3 magic 1/3 defense. I might have that backwards though.

Otherwise, it's just like melee.

I think you are noticing a placebo from splashes vs 0s. The only accuracy boost would be from the staff equipment bonus itself. Damage however is granted to each spell, and TOS has a max dmg/mage level chart on 2007RS wikia. Im sure at your levels the trident would be better, however I have no idea how weaknesses to specific styles of mage work in 07. I know in EOC all tzhaar creatures are supposed to be weak to water spells but implications for accuracy I have no idea on

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?