Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ArenaSCAPE Tip.It Game

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Gang Sabre
[ Display Name History ]

Gang Sabre

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 567 posts

Keep trying, I want to see AS thrive again!

vmser
[ Display Name History ]

vmser

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,849 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:vmser

I'll throw in some info here:

There have indeed been 'levelling tournaments', one had the KEX_ prefix for all participant names, and one had the KEG_prefix, and one had KOP_prefixes. One of those made it into a highscores category.

There have been attempts at building similar games, xn00bfreix ran a game called 'kickban.us' for a while. Turned out balancing was far from easy.

As for 'low magic' and 'low ranged':

If you have 'magic' below half your combat level, you gain an invisible strength rank.
If you have 'ranged' below half your combat level, you gain an invisible hitpoints rank.

If you have a HP rank of 4 or higher, you get a bonus strength rank of (HP rank-2).

Why is this relevant?
Let's apply it to a 6* hp (juggernaut) with low magic and low ranged.

If I recall correctly, the low ranged pushes it to a 7*hp, thus to a 5*str from that alone. The low magic then pushes it to 6* str.

Result: A shitload of HP (hard to kill), and when it hits you, it has a fairly high chance of landing a Crushing Blow (hitting you for 2x damage)

The low ranged option made many builds without a 2* HP more viable against the (at the time) highly overpowered 7* ranged snipers. Classic builds like a knight (2* att / def / str) or barbarians (att/str ranks) would always get instakilled by sharpshooters, often alot of levels lower. Given exp scales pretty much exponentially, this allowed sharpshooters to level up much quicker, throwing off the balance even more.

The very-well intended balancing act (my 2*att 4*hp giant utterly sucked), turned out to be a tad too efficient on the very high HP ranks, especially when combined with low magic and low ranged.

Fwiw:

I have access to my accounts (vmser, 6* ranged now, never finished its conversion to sharpshooter and sir_tertle, battlemage), as well as lord_waldorg (explorer account!) and hehasnoidea. Out of courtesy to hehas, I don't use those accounts though.
I used to have access to thehates accounts aswell (archern00b, thevilpriest) but forgot password for those

Posted Image

Melos
[ Display Name History ]

Melos

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RSN:Melos
  • Clan:Maxed

I'll throw in some info here:

There have indeed been 'levelling tournaments', one had the KEX_ prefix for all participant names, and one had the KEG_prefix, and one had KOP_prefixes. One of those made it into a highscores category.

There have been attempts at building similar games, xn00bfreix ran a game called 'kickban.us' for a while. Turned out balancing was far from easy.

As for 'low magic' and 'low ranged':

If you have 'magic' below half your combat level, you gain an invisible strength rank.
If you have 'ranged' below half your combat level, you gain an invisible hitpoints rank.

If you have a HP rank of 4 or higher, you get a bonus strength rank of (HP rank-2).

Why is this relevant?
Let's apply it to a 6* hp (juggernaut) with low magic and low ranged.

If I recall correctly, the low ranged pushes it to a 7*hp, thus to a 5*str from that alone. The low magic then pushes it to 6* str.

Result: A shitload of HP (hard to kill), and when it hits you, it has a fairly high chance of landing a Crushing Blow (hitting you for 2x damage)

The low ranged option made many builds without a 2* HP more viable against the (at the time) highly overpowered 7* ranged snipers. Classic builds like a knight (2* att / def / str) or barbarians (att/str ranks) would always get instakilled by sharpshooters, often alot of levels lower. Given exp scales pretty much exponentially, this allowed sharpshooters to level up much quicker, throwing off the balance even more.

The very-well intended balancing act (my 2*att 4*hp giant utterly sucked), turned out to be a tad too efficient on the very high HP ranks, especially when combined with low magic and low ranged.

Fwiw:

I have access to my accounts (vmser, 6* ranged now, never finished its conversion to sharpshooter and sir_tertle, battlemage), as well as lord_waldorg (explorer account!) and hehasnoidea. Out of courtesy to hehas, I don't use those accounts though.
I used to have access to thehates accounts aswell (archern00b, thevilpriest) but forgot password for those

Thanks for the info! Glad to see you're still around :). Wish I could see more long-term AS players around on the boards here :(.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

vmser
[ Display Name History ]

vmser

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,849 posts
  • RSN:vmser

Around is a big word :)

About a year ago, real life got too busy, and I was struggling to keep up with the pay-2-win folks in RS, so I ended giving up pretty much (I dreaded Invention skill, and it sucked as much as I feared it would).

My forum activity has dropped alot as a result, but I do like to read up from time to time.

Arenascape is one of the things I kinda 'see where everyones at' like once a year or so.

Posted Image

Dragontotem
[ Display Name History ]

Dragontotem

A Jolly Dealification

• Members
  • 1,619 posts
  • RSN:I Had A Deal
  • RSN '07:My Bijou
  • Clan:Peacefull

I still play arenascape.

Well, I re-discovered it a few weeks ago, when trying to remember what the game was called I used to play when I was young. Sadly, I can't remember my log-in credentials to my old account.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,244 posts
  • RSN:Gwynrwyn
  • RSN2:Alonai
  • RSN '07:Gwynrwyn
I can just about see vmser in the duelling arena now!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

VladTheImpaler
[ Display Name History ]

VladTheImpaler

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
I forgot all about this game and out of nowhere popped into my head. Hey everyone! I remember some of you. Sadly I cannot log into the game and password recovery isnt working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users