Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Recrewtment Drive] - Join The Tip.It Crew!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Moderator & Crew Leader
  • 3,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
Recrewtment Drive - Join The Tip.It Crew

We Are The Tip.It Crew

This Tip.It Crew is a team of RuneScape enthusiasts dedicated to bringing Tip.It users easy to read guides, calculators, and other various pages. We're a very diverse group. We're young and old. We're computer junkies and others... Not so much. However, we all share a dream for Tip.It - to maintain professional content and help both average and elite players where ever possible.

Sure, I can sit here and tell you that being on Crew is a breeze. Truth is, it's not! It takes work. It takes research. It takes dedication. Most of all, it takes time. Many apply, try it for a few weeks and decide it's not for them. Y'know what? That's fine! As Alfred Tennyson put it, "It’s better to have tried and failed than to live life wondering what would’ve happened if I had tried" Even if you're thinking, "I'd like to... But they'd never accept me." Apply!.

Now that we've got that out of the way, you're probably thinking, "Then why would I join?" Being on Tip.It's Crew is incredibly rewarding. Apart from making some of the best (online) friends around and getting to chill with the rest of the staff, you'll see you content used and appreciated by countless players. On top of that, it's a great learning experience. We have had Crew who join with little to no knowledge of CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and our other tools. Those people are now creating some of the best looking pages we've seen here on Tip.It!

Tip.It is evolving. Recently, we've been putting a lot of time into developing plugins and tools to improve the look and feel of our pages. You've likely seen some of our interactive ability bars, sleek looking tabs, and embedded and interactive world maps - to name a few. It's time we start really putting these to use, and for that, we need your help!

Where Do You Fit In

Being Crew is not always writing guides. It's not only updating items. We have many options and areas for people to explore. These positions can primarily be split into:

» Bestiary Editor
» Calculator Editor
» Guides Editor
» Items Database Editor
» Maps Editor
» Monster Hunter Guide Editor
» NPC Editor
» Quest Editor
» Treasure Trails Guide Editor

We can assign Crewbies to one, a few, or even all of them! Some of us like to focus on maps, others like to mix things up, which is great! So if you see one of more area in which you'd be interested, don't hesitate to apply!

What's The Catch

Tips.It is dedicated to professional and quality content. For this reason, we do have a few recommendations. Please note that the list below are not requirements:

» A high in-game combat or overall level.
» A decent knowledge of RuneScape lore.
» A RuneScape member.
» Ability to complete both high and low level quests.
» Access to high level equipment and wealth.
» Decent spelling and grammar.
» Excellent research skills.
» Experience with Photoshop.
» Knowledge of CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and jQuery.

Crewbies run under a tight schedule. Do not expect to apply and be made purple immediately after being accepted. We have unique tools for updating our databases and pages - ones which require training a training period. Trainees will have to complete guides, database entries, and other tasks just as other Crewbies are. Once we believe that you are ready, we'll publicly announce you, your training period will end, and you'll be granted access to a wider range of content and tools here on Tip.It.

Sign Me Up

I'm going to hope that by the fact that you've made it this far, that you're interested. Great! Too apply, you'll need to fill out the application below to Staff_Applications a private message. To do that, simply click here. Please make the subject Crew Applicaiton: <your name here>.

Without further adieu:

Crewbie Application

Do not rush! Take your time. They will not be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Help us get to know you a bit better - don't pretend to be somebody you're not. Applications will be reviewed by myself, the Senior Crew, and Administrators.

Application will be accepted until Wednesday, October 22!

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Stev - Submit an application | Send me a message

09144a99bb.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 6,937 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Being on Tip.It staff is a great experience so apply if you're interested!  It's even worth putting up with Stev's sense of humor!  (Lol just kidding..sort of..)
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

Posted Image
Posted Image

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None

Good luck to all that apply. :thumbsup:

(Personally, I'm so sick of RuneScape that I won't be. -.- ...)

~D. V. "Yes, I'm a mixed bag of feelings." Devnull

Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Purple > Green.

Good luck to those who apply, as someone who used to be a Crewbie it's an exciting position and can be beneficial too.

Popoto.~<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users