I have a suggestion that I think should happen.

This is to those who control the filters.

I think it's time to remove the F word from the censored words. I mean we no longer have the word shit censored, and the F word is just as harmless.

I don't see swearing being against the forum rules, I checked. And also keep in mind that a lot of people including me use it in a positive way.

(EDIT: Alright, I went through it again, and it does say that pointless vulgarity is against the rules. But still, I do find it hypocritical that we're allowed to use the S word and not the F word as they are used in a similar way.)

Most of us are adults, and I'm sure most of us can handle that harmless word.

And for the record, I don't want every word to be uncensored here. The A word for jerk and the C word should remain censored since name calling IS against the rules. I'm just asking nicely if the F word can be uncensored.

Lastly, if it won't be accepted, I'm ok with that too since I can easily make posts without swearing.

Edited by Blaze The Movie Fan

I think it's generally viewed as excessive, and we want the forum to be a safe environment for everyone, including younger users who could potentially be browsing the forum or sign up for an account.

Also for the record it actually is in the rules, under Flaming, Violence, Harassment & Pointless Vulgarity:

Posts that are disparaging toward any religion, race, nation, social status, gender, or sexual orientation are strictly forbidden. User names (and profile information) may not be offensive, vulgar, profane, or abusive. Excessive or obscene cursing will be edited or deleted. We have a censor in place to disguise certain inappropriate words. Bypassing it with text, images or videos will cause your post to be edited, deleted, or more severe punishments for repeat offenders. Any post explicitly sexual in nature, abusing our censor, or in any way violating the law, may be edited or removed and the user may be banned (at the discretion of the Administrators).

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't see how it can be used in a positive way.

Then you don't know much about the word.

People often say when they love something that it's awesome with that word before the word "awesome", and when they talk about something that's beautiful, they can also use that word before there as well.

I think it's generally viewed as excessive, and we want the forum to be a safe environment for everyone, including younger users who could potentially be browsing the forum or sign up for an account.

Also for the record it actually is in the rules, under Flaming, Violence, Harassment & Pointless Vulgarity:

Posts that are disparaging toward any religion, race, nation, social status, gender, or sexual orientation are strictly forbidden. User names (and profile information) may not be offensive, vulgar, profane, or abusive. Excessive or obscene cursing will be edited or deleted. We have a censor in place to disguise certain inappropriate words. Bypassing it with text, images or videos will cause your post to be edited, deleted, or more severe punishments for repeat offenders. Any post explicitly sexual in nature, abusing our censor, or in any way violating the law, may be edited or removed and the user may be banned (at the discretion of the Administrators).

Yeah I realized that later, but I still don't understand why the S word is allowed and the F word isn't. Almost no one I know thinks of it as a bad word.

Furthermore I don't see how it's excessive if it's only used once per post.

I don't see how it can be used in a positive way.

Then you don't know much about the word.

People often say when they love something that it's awesome with that word before the word "awesome", and when they talk about something that's beautiful, they can also use that word before there as  well.

I understand language. It's just unnecessarily crude when other qualifiers work just as well

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Also, there is one thing I have to point out, the S word is FAR more often used in a negative way than the F word is.

I mean yeah people sometimes say holy shit that's awesome.

But when they call something shitty, they always mean it in a bad way.

I'm not denying that the F word has negative usages as well, because it does. But at least a lot of people use it when praising something they love, in fact I see it happen all the time.

And for the record, I won't use the word in all of my posts if it wasn't censored, heck I wouldn't even use it in most posts. I would keep it to a minimum if it wasn't censored, and that's something you can count on.

Also, there is one thing I have to point out, the S word is FAR more often used in a negative way than the F word is.

In response to this, there's one thing I have to point out, the F word is FAR more often used in a negative way than the S word is.

I mean yeah people sometimes say I [bleep]ing love that.

But when they say something is [bleep]ing stupid, they always mean it in a bad way.

(why are we supposed to trust your judgment regarding word usage?)

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

In response to this, there's one thing I have to point out, the F word is FAR more often used in a negative way than the S word is.

I mean yeah people sometimes say I [bleep]ing love that.

But when they say something is [bleep]ing stupid, they always mean it in a bad way.

(why are we supposed to trust your judgment regarding word usage?)

Fair enough, it was just a suggestion, and I will gladly accept if it doesn't get support.