Questions about Slayer/Raids

taco21

Hi again,

I have a few questions:

1. Are any of the raptor monsters that were released November worth it in terms of money hunting (or slayer xp)? I'm really bad at PvM and I've tried wyverns/camel warriors, but I've gotten my butt pounded by these creatures. Any tips?

For wyverns, I've been using T70 armor + my chaotic staff for fire spells/abilities with wyrmfire/overloads/antipoison++/rocktails, but I can only get 6-8 kills while blowing through a full invo + yak of rocktails per trip., which doesn't seem right... I've been standing as close to the fire as possible of course, but their ranged/mage dps on me is insane... I've watched a video guide that suggested a melee set up with drygores (and port armor, which I am still working on) -- does anyone have any positive experiences with such a set up? 

For camel warriors--well, I died on the first mob as I couldn't do anything during its sandstorm knockup as my hp dropped to 0 :/. Any tips?

The pricey drops seem enticing for me to continue, but of course, there are other moneymaking alternatives I could switch to if needed.

2. I'm not completely sure, but can someone give me a quick rundown of what are raids? My understanding is that they are just huge boss fights, but the wiki drop table doesn't list any pricey drops. Are they done just for the abilities? (And does anyone know any good guides on how to get started with raids completely from scratch?)

Thank you once again! I really appreciate the help. 

1) They aren't really worth it in terms of gp or xp output. They eat a lot of resources to kill and the average drop value isn't all that great.

Wyverns generally speaking from what I'v eseen the melee route is the way to go as it stops them using some attacks.

Also standing as close to the fire as possible isn't the best way to deal with them, most guides recommend stand near fire, run out do kill go back to fire.

Camels the sandstorm attack is triggered when you use stuns on it. Don't use stuns.

Also the sand storm can be escaped by moving.

2) Raids in short is a sequence of boss fights and other challenges that are played in order.

In runescapes case the full Raid is Durzag, Channels 'puzzle' then Yaka.

If you don't think their drop tables are that valuble you haven't looked very well. All their basic drops are very well valued giving a solid 100k-1m.

Plus there is the Mazcab ability codex bought for 25k teci or gotten as a drop worth a solid 34m

They are done for the armour as well with Achto gear sets being the strongest tank armour in-game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue