Skiftkit quest/task center updates and tweaks

Negh_var

Just wondering if there's a preferred way to submit issues within swiftkit, specifically the quest and task centers?

For example I've marked the quests and tasks I'm eligilbe for and have my stats loaded but there are still a lot of tasks that show I can't do even though I can do them or have done them. It appears some also so no requirements when there are.

Is there a thread or email I should send them to?

Rather than starting another topic I figured I'd just keep stuff in here.

I've been going through what is happening with the quests as to me it seems more quests need to be done in order to do tasks so it's better to start there.

First of all, can we please get the main launch screen updated? It lists way old news, even showing update notes for SW 1.74. Surely it can't be hard as the mobile client is kept up to date. Can the quest list also be updated so that the are sorted in 'The' at the start if the quest title contains it? We have some with the 'The' at the end of the title and some with the 'The' at the start but even then the sorting is a bit of. Same with quests such as 'A Void Dance', it's listed as 'Void Dance, A'

For now this is what I've found of quests marked as red (note that it's a work in progress) I've noticed that due to depenancies, some quests requrie the Prince Ali rescue quest which was removed in September 2012 and replaced with two others, Stolen Hearts and Diamond in the Rough. I reckon is this was fixed it would have a knock on effect of clearing up a few others. These are the quests showing that I don't have the levels for when my two lowest stats are 92 with the rest higher, with a 99 in there :-) :

A shadow over ashdale

- (sk) none listed, so no reason why it should be showing as red.

contact!

- (sk) Gertrude's Cat, Icthlarin's Little Helper , Prince Ali Rescue – replaced with Stolen Hearts and Diamond in the Rough

the curse of arrav

- (sk) 37 Slayer, 41 Summoning, 61 Agility, 64 Mining, 64 Ranged, 64 Strength, 66 Thieving

- (sk) Defender of Varrock, Shades of Mort'ton, Tale of the Muspah, The, Troll Romance, Missing My Mummy – requires Prince Ali Rescue which was replaced, The Golem, Ichlarin’s little helper

dealing with scabaras

- (sk) 21 Firemaking, 50 Agility, 60 Strength, 60 Thieving

- (sk) Feud, The, Zogre Flesh Eaters, Contact! - requires Prince Ali Rescue which was replaced, Itchalarin’s little helper, Gertrude’s cat

devious minds

- (sk) 50 Fletching, 50 Runecrafting, 65 Smithing

- (sk) Doric's Quest – not listed in swiftkit, Troll Stronghold, Wanted! – requires Recruitment Drive, Priest in Peril, Lost Tribe, The, Rune Mysteries

dimension of disaster

- (sk) Curse of Arrav, The – explained above, Shadow of the Storm

dishonour among thieves

- (sk) 30 Agility,30 Thieving

- (sk) Missing, Presumed Death – no requirements listed, Hazeel Cult

do no evil

- (sk) 50 Ranged, 64 Construction, 68 Crafting, 70 Magic, 70 Thieving

- (sk) Recipe for Disaster, Dealing with Scabaras, Shadow of the Storm , Smoking Kills, Desert Treasure , Animal Magnetism, Missing My Mummy

fate of the gods

- (sk) 67 Summoning,73 Agility,75 Divination,76 Slayer,79 Magic

- (sk) Missing, Presumed Death – no requirements listed

kennith's concerns

- (sk) 46 Mining

- (sk) Slug Menace

kings ransom

- (sk) 45 Magic, 65 Defence

- (sk) Black Knights' Fortress, Holy Grail, The, Merlin's Crystal, Murder Mystery, One Small Favour

missing my mummy

- (sk) 35 Construction, 35 Cooking, 35 Crafting, 35 Magic, 35 Prayer

- (sk) Prince Ali Rescue – replaced with other quests, Golem, The, Icthlarin's Little Helper

missing, presumed death

- (sk) none listed

nomad's requiem

- (sk) 60 Construction, 65 Hunter, 66 Mining, 70 Prayer, 75 Magic

- (sk) King's Ransom

one of a kind

- (sk) 40 Divination,67 Dungeoneering,74 Summoning

- (sk) Tail of Two Cats, A,The World Wakes,King's Ransom,Missing, Presumed Death

one piercing note

- (sk) none listed

quiet before the swarm

- (sk) 35 Attack, 42 Strength

- (sk) Imp Catcher, Wanted!

recruitment drive

- (sk) Black Knights' Fortress, Druidic Ritual

ritual of the mahjarrat

- (sk) 76 Crafting, 76 Mining, 77 Agility

- (sk) Temple at Senntisten, The, While Guthix Sleeps, Hazeel Cult, Enakhra's Lament, Slug Menace , Fairy Tale Part III - Battle at Orks Rift, Rocking Out, Tail of Two Cats, A, Fight Arena

salt in the wound

- (sk) 35 Dungeoneering, 45 Summoning, 47 Herblore, 50 Construction, 60 Defence

- (sk) Kennith's Concerns

slug menace

- (sk) 30 Crafting, 30 Runecrafting, 30 Slayer, 30 Thieving

- (sk) Wanted!, Sea Slug

the temple at senntisten

- (sk) 50 Prayer

- (sk) Curse of Arrav, The, Desert Treasure , Devious Minds

the brink of extinction

- (sk) 80 Defence,80 Smithing,72 Mining

- (sk) The Elder Kiln

the elder kiln

- (sk) 41 Mining, 60 Agility, 75 Magic

the light within

- (sk) 80 Agility,80 Crafting,80 Divination,80 Herblore,80 Prayer,80 Woodcutting

- (sk) Fate of the Gods,Meeting History,Plague's End,Temple at Senntisten, The,The World Wakes

the mighty fall

- (sk) 69 Slayer,72 Defence,78 Constitution,79 Attack,79 Strength

- (sk) Missing, Presumed Death,Chosen Commander, The,My Arm's Big Adventure

the void stares back

- (sk) 10 Defence, 55 Summoning, 70 Construction, 70 Crafting, 70 Smithing, 71 Firemaking, 78 Attack, 78 Strength, 80 Magic

- (sk) Void Dance, A

the world wakes

- (sk) 100 Combat

a void dance

- (sk) 46 Hunter, 47 Construction, 47 Mining, 48 Summoning, 49 Herblore, 52 Woodcutting, 54 Thieving

- (sk) Quiet Before the Swarm, Druidic Ritual, Wolf Whistle

wanted!

- (sk) Recruitment Drive, Priest in Peril, Lost Tribe, The, Rune Mysteries

You can see about half way down the list comments stop, but I think that might be enough for the dev(s) to work on and after an update I'll post some more.

I hope this isn't taken as a bashing of the program or the devs, I just want to see a good program remain good and useful.

Wow, that's a lot of things that need updating :\ I've been trying to go through fixing these, but Jagex always change something.

I'll work on fixing all these tonight, and hopefully Stridor is able to patch through an update for them. So hopefully it's all fixed soon :)

I believe the main reasons quests show up as "Blah blah, The" or whatever is due to that's how they were in game and on the A-Log. But they can be changed to make sorting easier.

Edit: Most quests have been updated and changed to make sorting easier.

"Doric's quest" was replaced by "What's Mine is Yours", The quest center focus's on RS3 Quests, not oldschool I think.

"Missing, Presumed Death", the are no Quest requirements for this quest, only recommendations, which aren't added in.

• Like 1

Mfgdjyb.png

Cheers for working on it, I did intend to do a full compare about the swiftkit (sk) listings vs the offical but as I said, by the time I got halfway down I figured there'd be enough to work on and it'd knock off some stuff towards teh end so I just have the swiftkit listings in there.

I'll launch the client over the next few days so even if one or two things are resolved, I'll update the thread.

Thanks again.