Can't figure out how to cast spells

Daria4

It's been a few years since I have played and I  cannot figure out how to cast basic spells.  I open my spell book and click on combat.  What happened to casting air strike or water strike?  I am doing the quest Rune Mysteries and cannot cast the air strike spell even though I have the mind spike and air runes on me.  When I open my spell book the spells listed are all higher level spells that have nothing to do with air strikes.

Can someone please tell me how to use basic spells again?

Thank you!

Are you sure you're on the right tab? It should be the one with an icon of a fireball-like thingy. The only other possibility I can think of is that you might be on a different spellbook. Could you post a picture of what your interface looks like if none of that helps?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I dont have access to being able to post a pic right now. But over in the bottom right where your backpack and skills etc are.. when I click on the blue spell book all I see are a red flame ball that when hovered over says combat, the H for home teleport and bottles that say skilling.  If I do have the wrong spell book, how to I get a regular one?

my spell book is called magic book

Verify that you are on the correct spellbook. Air strike should be the highlighted spell in the book on the left.

C2UCUwV.png

If you see something like the book on the right you're not on the standard spellbook. If you're F2P you shouldn't have this problem.

Selecting a spell from your book will not cast it, it will only load it up as your autocast spell. To move the wisps in Rune Mysteries, you need to select any wind spell as your autocast, have the mindspike equipped, and then click on the spellwisp to attack it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

In my spell book I dont have the blue wizard hat.  That icon is missing.  Any idea how I can get it back or where it is?   All I have is the fireball, home H, and the three gold dots with the bottle.. no hat.  Also, I am a paying member.  I haven't played in about 10 years so there is a lot that is different.  

You're probably on Legacy combat mode if you only have those three options.

To get the hat you need to activate EOC mode.

Press ESC to open up the menu, select Game settings, then under the gameplay settings tab untick the Legacy Combat Mode box.

XtT7u16.png

If you've just come back to RS you might want to read up on Revolution which is an easier way to learn the new EOC mode.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Thank you Sardadomin!  That was the problem.  Yes I will read up on it.   So I did what you said, but I still cannot seem to cast air strike.  Sounds stupid but Im doing a quest and need it.  There is no option for that.

If you are using Imgur or another popular image hosting service, it should work. You may need to append ".png" or similar to the end of the web address to get the filter to recognize it at an image...if you still can't get it to work, you can just put the link in as text and we can go check it out.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Okay yeah, you'll need to click the icon of the fireball right next to the wizard hat one. Right now, it's showing you your list of abilities. By clicking there, you'll navigate to combat spells, and air strike should be the first one on there. So just click on the fireball icon (the one boxed in white in the image Saradomin_Mage posted) and I think you should be set.

X6J5SFy.png

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png