Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So is the Lost City quest still challenging?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan

I remember doing that quest back before toolbelt existed. I had to kill a greater demon to get a steel hatchet. Obviously that wouldn't work anymore since they don't drop hatchets at all now.

But the thing is my dragon hatchet is on my toolbelt, so I don't need to have it in my inventory. But my question is is the quest still challenging? Having to kill a greater demon to get a steel hatchet barehanded was the most challenging thing about the quest. And I have a feeling that has changed.

I would love to test it for myself, but unfortunately quests can only be done once. And I'm not willing to pay 9 extra dollars for a new account to find that out.

Boris5000
[ Display Name History ]

Boris5000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,952 posts
  • RSN:Volothamp
  • RSN2:Boris I

I don't recall ever having to defeat a greater demon. I remember killing zombies for a bronze axe though. 

I imagine that you would killing the greater demon with strike/bolt spells seeing as you would have the runes to kill the tree spirit as well.

The quest was never a challenging quest though, and it sadly isn't challenging now it can be done on a fresh level 3 account with ease.

Luck be a Lady

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • RSN:blazemovifan

The reason I found it challenging is because back when I did the quest I was not used to fighting monsters bare-handed, most of the monsters I fought were monsters I fought with armor and weapons. Sure today I can do it with ease, but I couldn't do that so easily back then, as I was at a pretty low combat level.

The reason I fought greater demons instead is because they have better drops than zombies do.

And from what you've told me, the quest was made easier. Alright, that's what I thought, hate that I was right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users