Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Climate Strike.

28 replies to this topic

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts
"Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly" Article:

"Why More White Americans Are Opposing Government Welfare Programs" Article:

"TRUMP THINKS ONLY BLACK PEOPLE ARE ON WELFARE, BUT REALLY, WHITE AMERICANS RECEIVE MOST BENEFITS" Article:

#RemoveSilverhawkBootsFromRS #RSOF

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts

Arguably the best way to deal with this is to abandon the 'burbs and move to cities again. And fix the social/economic problems of cities. Such as turning a blind eye to homelessness. 

Tiny house village for homeless women:

Can Tiny Homes Solve Homelessness In The U.S.?:

Tiny homes built for homeless veterans:

Homeless man in LA receives a tiny house:

Tiny Homes For The Homeless:

There are tons of videos and articles related to tiny homes as a way to help the homeless. People don't need to live in freaking mansions. It is a waste of resources and space.

Another topic I'm highly interested in is earthbag building:

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts

Crime and lifestyle that make it really not appealing to raise families in cities.

As I said before, I was born & raised in a city. My family did spend our summers on a farm, however. All of my best memories are from the city, though, & I had a wonderful childhood, as far as I'm concerned. Oddly enough, you mentioning crime in the city, my mom worked in law enforcement. And as I previously stated, my dad taught Bio & Chem in an area, which was not only racially diverse, but one of the best areas in terms of education and income in the US.

Here was my dad & some of his students, around HALLOWEEN one year:

7SYLfsS.jpg

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,497 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I dont see where your going with those posts?

I'm not saying white people are richer and commit less crimes. I'm saying that historically non white people have been marginalized and that the rise of suburbs after WWII has lead to de facto segregation and urban decay of city centers. This is a mainstream view of history and its called white flight.

I think racial diversity is important and that a lot of the problems people have with inner cities are a result of racism against non white people.

I'm bringing up white flight because today cities are seen as dirty, unsafe, loud, and not a good place to a raise a family in. And that is a reality only because of racial policies in America that lead to urban decay through a historical event called white flight after WWII and that unsustainable bad urban design is largely a result of racism in America.

You see it referenced all over the place in literature and movies and even a few months ago in the democrat political debates. Remember the Titans or Stand and Deliver come to mind for movies. In the 2019 democrat debate where Kamala Harris calls Joe Biden's anti-busing stance from the 70s wrong and racist. 

The reason for busing was to desegregate schools outside of the south who were MORE segregated than southern schools. The difference was the segregation was de facto where the south had de jure segregation with Jim Crow laws.  The history of where the segregation came from was suburbs with the GI bill post WWII.

The loss of millions of people from city centers lead to urban decay which lead to poor urban infrastructure and street violence which only started to stop in the 1990's. In the 1980's the New York subway was incredibly dangerous at night. This is a major reason why people don't want to move to city centers today and isn't a fact of cities.

Thats the history lesson of where suburbs in America came from. The stance I am making that is less typical is that such suburbs are fundamentally unsustainable in terms of energy usage and also leads to poor city planning and that moving people out of suburbs back into city centers and redesigning cities to not be hostile to non drivers is critical to an energy sustainable future. Moreso than any recycling program or solar farm.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,497 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Cities = major cities when im using the word. I dont mean your city of 50k people I mean Los Angeles, Atlanta or Chicago

Again I'm bringing up white flight to say how unnatural suburbs are where they came from in addition to saying that suburbs are fundamentally bad for sustainable energy efficient living. 

Nothing I'm saying is controversial about the history, you'll hear it in a freshman sociology class or high school US history class. You'll hear it in the 2019 democrat presidential debates. Its a part of segregation that is still alive and well in America today.

The only additional thing I'm adding is that suburbs in additional to their historical baggage making public transportation really expensive and complicated, make the maintainence for the grid much more resource intensive (be it water grid, road grid, power grid), lead to traffic problems and a reliance on car culture, food deserts, among segregation and other social problems.

I make the argument that the #1 thing to fix much of these problems is to rethink cities and redesign American cities to be more like European cities.

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts

Not gonna lie, I'm biased against white people, mainly because I didn't see racism first-hand until we moved to a non-city, white area...AND I'M WHITE.

In the city, I didn't experience crime. It wasn't until we moved to a non-city, white area that I was raped...by a WHITE REDNECK.

The only reason we moved here is because my grandma was sick at the time. My family got stuck here, due to medical reasons & bills. Once you are here, it is difficult to get out.

Btw, I love the film, Stand and Deliver. I also grew up with friends who were black & Puerto Rican in the city, and it wasn't until we had to move to a mostly-white area that I heard little white redneck KIDS saying the n-word. 

You keep bringing up segregation from post-WWII, when my parents went to city universities, during a historically racially-charged era. That is one of the reasons I "keep making these posts." They also did NOT go to southern schools.

A photo of my dad in college:

TNyHVgi.jpg

And yes, there were far more white men than black women in his classes...but city schools & universities were not totally segregated outside of the south, as you claim.

However, I do agree with you that cities & suburbs are currently unstable in energy usage. This CAN be corrected. TAX THE RICH. Tax tf outta them & incorporate more sustainable energy systems, such as solar & wind, along with water systems.

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts

Happy Halloween :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=o9OpdAHOSZI

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts
Info on key aspects of the Paris Agreement:

"Trump Begins Formal Withdrawal from Paris Climate Agreement" Article:

DragonGayeance
[ Display Name History ]

DragonGayeance

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 286 posts
"Recording the Sounds of Extinction:"

"U.S. Air Force Research Lab Developing Space Solar Power Beaming:"

................................................................................................................................................................................

Back in the 1980's, my parents would pick me up these comic books from Radio Shack. Solar power was included in this issue:

HSk8yJd.jpg

s4EV4P4.jpg

Also, a Tandy advertisement L:

sKFz9zq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users