F2P Smithing?

hazardmaster

Now I've been playing runescape for 1 year and 4 months. I take a look at my skills and I feel accomplished.

Except my Smithing. My most hated skill. So I racked my brains to think of a way to raise my Smithing level on F2P but without losing money.

The only profitable way I can think of is to buy coal at 180-200gp each and iron at 100gp each and smelt it to steel bars to sell. Are there any other profitable ways?

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

is your magic high enough to high alch?

im guessing youd make a small margin of profit if you high alched steel plates

Yes it is. And how much do steel plates alch for?

5 steel bars= 3k at 600gp each.

1 nature rune=350gp.

Total cost: 3,350gp. I assume the steel platebody high alches higher than this number?

Or, do you mean I smelt the bars myself?

10 coal ores=1900gp.

5 iron ores=500gp.

1 nature rune=350gp.

Total cost: 2,750gp. I assume the steel platebody high alches higher? than this number?

If you mine your own coal, you make a small profit when alching steel plates. Even if you buy iron 100 ea and nats 300 ea. This is what I do.

I'm not really looking for mining my own ores, but buying them. I want to raise only Smithing.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

As the top 21 ranking smither in RS (still a pure f2p), I have to admit that smithing is not the best way to make money.

I am at the mercy of runite and coal miners to sell me their ore and coal.

However, smithing is surely one skill that command lots of respect; much more than mining.

A piece of good advise for f2p smither, try to mine your some of the ore or you must be prepare to lose lots of money in this skill.

A f2p 99 smither and 90 miner.

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

I respect those who have a higher lvl than me in anything, but I just wanted to point out the topic wasn't about making money.

I also wanted to point out that Steel platebodies High Alch at 1,200gp each.

:)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

is your magic high enough to high alch?

im guessing youd make a small margin of profit if you high alched steel plates

Yes it is. And how much do steel plates alch for?

5 steel bars= 3k at 600gp each.

1 nature rune=350gp.

Total cost: 3,350gp. I assume the steel platebody high alches higher than this number?

Or, do you mean I smelt the bars myself?

10 coal ores=1900gp.

5 iron ores=500gp.

1 nature rune=350gp.

Total cost: 2,750gp. I assume the steel platebody high alches higher? than this number?

If you mine your own coal, you make a small profit when alching steel plates. Even if you buy iron 100 ea and nats 300 ea. This is what I do.

I'm not really looking for mining my own ores, but buying them. I want to raise only Smithing.

at this cost you lose money. steel plates hi alch for 1200

the best way i've found for gaining smithing experience for free or at a profit is trading bars for ores. when i was in f2p i made 2k steel bars, and traded them to smithers/sellers/c-ball makers for 2 coal + 1 iron + 50gp per bar. with the same batch, and no new ores added, i did this trade 4 times. that was 400k and lots of smith exp, but it takes about 1hour 45 mins to make 1k steel at al kharid furnace, so factor that into your calculations. its quite slow, but its pure experience, and probably as good as youre going to get on f2p

the nice thing is, theres no limit to the amount of times you can "recycle" these ores. you can even use the cash profit to buy more ores and make the next trade bigger each time. when youve had enough trading back and forth, youll still have all the bars you made and can hammer them out, and alch the plate at that time. by then you would have already covered your losses and made back your investment

happy smithing!

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank