Experienced rangers: help me with max hit data. Thanks!

voncritic

I'm not exactly an experienced ranger, but I think you'll find that the max hit is the same regardless of the attack type. The difference is that 'Accurate', as the name implies, will hit more often than 'Rapid', with the trade-off that its slower. 'Long-range' is more accurate over long range :) , but is even slower than 'Accurate'.....I think :?:

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I'm not exactly an experienced ranger, but I think you'll find that the max hit is the same regardless of the attack type. The difference is that 'Accurate', as the name implies, will hit more often than 'Rapid', with the trade-off that its slower. 'Long-range' is more accurate over long range :) , but is even slower than 'Accurate'.....I think :?:

Well, unfortunately, I found this not true last week. That's why I'm raising the question.

I was constantly training range, using same equipment and Steel Arrow all the time.

TIP guide told me that I would max hit 10 with Steel at level 66 (Accurate Mode), however, I was using Rapid and never seen a "10" until I got 2 more levels - Level 68.

So, my understanding is that, to achieve the same max damage, Rapid mode is 2 levels late than Accurate mode. That needs further experiment and confirmation.

Any better thought?

I am back.

Doesn't the tip.it range table say that it's based on rapid attack mode? That's what I thought, but I might be wrong. I seemed to find the tip.it table was always off, so that would indicate I was mistaken.

To the best of my knowledge the lvls between hitting the same damage with rapid and accurate are constant all the way up to 99.

31509signature.gif

seems like Rapid mode will take 2 more levels than Accurate mode to meet the minimum level of same max damage.

if that is true, it'd be easy to calculate.

i noticed this when i exceed level 66 to 68 (max hit with steel = 10); i will see if it is still true when i come to max hit with steel = 11.

thanks.

I am back.