Desert Treasure - Dessous (the vampire)

genju24

I don't get it. I really don't.

Lots of people told me "you're not ready", "you're too low on combat". I wanted to prove them wrong. I want to finish all the quests at my level.

I managed to kill him, using Wind wave, standing behind the fence and praying anti-ranged (which seems useless because the bats still hit me, but just in case). I eat about 10 sharks and I manage to kill him. And then he gets full health again and says "You will never kill me, mortal". So I have to kill him again... and I do. The same thing happens all over again, and I just have time to ecto out before he comes for me again.

I restock and go back, thinking it must have been a fluke. It wasn't, the same thing happened all over again. Except this time I didn't ecto out when I should have and he killed me. I lost a bunch of expensive stuff that I now know I shouldn't have taken in the first place.

What's up with him coming back? ItÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs normal? He has several forms?

And if so why don't any of the guides mention this?

edit: I just gathered myself and remembered exactly what got me killed. I thought that the problem the first time was that I was killing him from a distance. So the second time, when he was almost dead I moved in to kill him in DDS range. I got killed themoment the second version came out, didn't react fast enough.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

Yes I did. I had to use it on the tomb for him to come out, and then it was empty.

I definitely used the garlic on the blood too. I bought it and spice from the Ardy stall, crushed the garlic with the mortar and pestle and added it. No mistake there. I even used "Examine" on it before to make sure.

---

Sorry guys. I just realized...

I didn't get it blessed:(

That stupid mistake cost me over a million in stuff (I lost a zammy book plus a lot of other stuff, including bloods).

The good side of it is now I know I can get through it:) Next time heÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs mine!

manytradesur7.png

I lost a zammy book plus

You do realise you can get that back by talking to Jossik at the lighthouse?

Yea, you can get your book back with all the pages you put in it and it's free of charge too :)

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I don't get it. I really don't.

Lots of people told me "you're not ready", "you're too low on combat". I wanted to prove them wrong. I want to finish all the quests at my level.

Man, you're way past ready for this quest. I did it with 59 magic and 76 combat; I even killed this Dessous using salmon (of course, I used "Wrath of Iban").

Salmon, you say? Yes, I'm very "economical" (a.k.a. cheap)...I even used them to beat all of the "Recipe for Disaster" bosses at 79 combat.

Yes, it can be done. :lol:

Just don't give up, ok?

70herby.png

I knew I could get it back, I just didn't know it would have all the pages in it. I was in for a nice suprise when I went there:) Thank you for letting me know, guys, that's really good news.

As an update, I killed Dessous quite easily and have now the diamonds of Shadow and Blood. Will be going for the remaining two later today.

Thanks to everyone that posted.

edit: That means my huge mistake only cost me a glory, about 150 bloods and some splitabark pieces... not too bad.

manytradesur7.png