Honor system

Ok I was wondering what everyone would think if the tip.it forums incorporated the "honor system" I was thinking something like this:

These would be guidelines.

Good reasons to give someone posititve reputation would be:

* Someone makes a post that helps you

* Someone makes a helpful post for someone else

* Someone posts a resouce (guides, replays, tech help)

* Someone contributes to a thread with good discussion. If you think someone added to a discussion with something meaningful, you might give them some positive rep.

Good reasons to give someone negative reputation would be:

* Someone flames another member (not you)

* Someone is purposefully unhelpful.

* Someone has a blatent diregard for the forum guidelines

But like I said earlier, these are just guidelines. There are no rules to honor and reputation.

How the system works:

Two easy steps.

1. You would Click on this tab at the bottom of each post which would be located under everyones picture.

2. You could then give a reason why you gave them good or bad honor.

Well what do you guys think?

scapebanner7yu.gif

ARENAscape:

turkey 120 7*herc

Andrew_Gower 34 Mountain

I think that the current "post system" works fine. The honor system could easly be abused example noob says " give me gp or i give you bad honor." Easy way for a noob to get "fr33 st0ff pl0x."

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Naa, it would never work. People who like you would never give honor, and people who hate you would remove honor daily.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

OK let me clarify on Cota's post. A person would only be able to give you a point to the same peron once a day.

scapebanner7yu.gif

ARENAscape:

turkey 120 7*herc

Andrew_Gower 34 Mountain

If you guys would like to see a forum with an active, and working, "honor" system, you could look at habboxforum.com. They use a system called "reputation" (or rep points). They have all the bumps flattened out, so problems like what cotamatias came up with don't happen. To see their rules for this system, simply go to the FAQ. I personaly think this would be a addition.

FYI, the site is a fansite forum much like Tip.it, except it is for HabboHotel (though is does include a runescape subforum).

ShadowSam19.png

Ya exactly thats what I was trying to say to Cota. He just didnt understand that all you would have to do is control it. I suggested it also because I thought many people would enjoy having a rep sytem or "honor" system. Whether the tip.it staff will agree is another thing but I can only try. With more and more people's support it will become more possible. So I ask you if you think this would be a good addition to post and tell everyone about it.

Peace, PERiON 8-)

scapebanner7yu.gif

ARENAscape:

turkey 120 7*herc

Andrew_Gower 34 Mountain

If this honor system was implemented, I personally think it turn this forum into one big popularity contest. Then people will start judging others by their honor and not their own opinion based on their own experiences with the other person. You can't judge a person in the present by their past deeds. Sure, the past deeds may help predict what the person is like now, but its not 100% accurate. Just because someone is a good responsible poster one day won't stop them from flaming someone else the next.

cescsig.jpg

Ok let me straighten this out. No one else but moderators, admins, and you yourself would be able to see your honor. You should go look at the site that shadowsam was talking about.

scapebanner7yu.gif

ARENAscape:

turkey 120 7*herc

Andrew_Gower 34 Mountain

If this honor system was implemented, I personally think it turn this forum into one big popularity contest. Then people will start judging others by their honor and not their own opinion based on their own experiences with the other person. You can't judge a person in the present by their past deeds. Sure, the past deeds may help predict what the person is like now, but its not 100% accurate. Just because someone is a good responsible poster one day won't stop them from flaming someone else the next.
Very good points and I agree with all of them. Honors will probably just lead to "elitism" with people thinking they are better than others and I don't want to see that happen.

Writing from school/work or just an other place :)