The recent increase in Santa Hat Prices?

imaleber

well, i bought my santa hat for around 7.4 Million around 2 weeks ago. Yesterday, i Sold it for 8.5 million, and today i saw people buying and selling over 9 mill!!!

could someone please tell me why, and whether or not it is only temporary and prices will soon drop again?

thanks!

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

I'm not sure if the loss would create a [bleep]e this big but a high level merchant was banned recently (in between those time you bought and sold I believe) and he had 200 santas in his bank. That has probably created a price scare. Only time will tell where the price will stabalise. The rares market is very edgy so it could be a while...

df

iratebadger.png

Yeah that can be one reason. And btw a very well know pk'er (the first completed pure) also says on mm forums that he died and lost 496 santas at black demons because he forgot to bank them, and noone was aroud to pick them up :roll:

sigripoldnite9rk.png

RIP The Old Nite ='(

Duke was banned with over 200 of them so now people are making a big deal about it and are selling for more... now the problem is alot of people want to makes some quick cash so they are giving in to the sellers and buying for more. so that makes the price go up. now imo they will drop I estimate that after a week or two things will settle down and people will be selling more then buying making a price go down my guess is they will stop at 7.9-8M. as for the 9m selling they're fake. :wink:

mepoulinsigxv29qy.gif

Once in a life time!

dukefreedomdead1ng.png

Duke was banned with over 200 of them so now people are making a big deal about it and are selling for more... now the problem is alot of people want to makes some quick cash so they are giving in to the sellers and buying for more. so that makes the price go up. now imo they will drop I estimate that after a week or two things will settle down and people will be selling more then buying making a price go down my guess is they will stop at 7.9-8M. as for the 9m selling they're fake. :wink:

I don't agree at all that price will decrase.

AS the story of an owner of 200 banned implies, number of sanats can only go.....down, so price can only go......up, except if JAgex decide to make them untradable, what is more than unlikely.

Any drop must be seen as a buying opportunity. (read some books about stocks it is a bit the same:)