My first attempt at proper anatomy

xxshady

This is my first attempt at proper anatomy (i hope it actually is proper) so be very harsh i have to know how to improve

Just no flaming... put your reasons....

croppified1nm.png

Second attempt without looking at tutorial:

secondattempt6nf.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

omg thank you i was trying to make it look like the one in the pixel tutorial and i think i succeeded even though the face sucks.

Thank you!

The computer is not the place to learn antomy. Use a pencil to learn, way better than a mouse or stylus.

anat6vq.png

Why was he wearing boots? Didn't want to draw the feet? There is so much wrong with this. Get a diferant tutorial, wait actualy, don't. Don't use the internet to learn, it sucks. Get an art book and study it. I use Bridgemans. Go talk to you're art teacher.

Im not using the internet to learn im using it to show my first attempt....

can i buy this Bridgeman's book in a bookstore or do i have to order it, and does it really help with anatomy?

btw im going to practice on paper soon so...

and my art teacher is a biznatch and she doesnt help anyone... so the only hope i have is a good book

dang godslayer is shooting down every single post by you lol. Pretty good for first try though. but the space between the legs is a little to big. gl with future attempts :D

jav

"Let your feelings be like that of a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy hoping that the kids don't break through with the stick."

ty jav, btw i dont care about godslayer hes just a little kid with no life that likes bashing ppl.... anyways thanks

Little kid with no life... Right. I wasn't bashing you. Ok, I was a little harsh, and probably should have gone a bit easier on you, sorry. In my opinion, I never bashed you, I was simply truthful.

Let me restate for you: In my opinion, you shouldn't be practicing antomy using the computer. You should use a pencil. Check out your library for books on art, not 'how to draw a plane in 3 steps' but real art books that tell you about anatomy and techniques for art. I think pixel art is not the place for someone who is still learning fundamentals, because there is so much you have to worry about to make it look good that is just unnecesary with traditional media.

I apologize if I insulted you.

Finally thats exactly the answer i wanted, thank you!

Btw any recomended art books that teach you about anatomy?