*Close this if you wish I've gathered enough information...*

Remnants

Hi anyone reading this, I've been thinking of getting members but I want to go into it ready and not be all like "Why didn't I do this or get this before I was a member?" So without anymore banter here are my questions...

Ive been wondering if I should get any of my skills higher before I become a member?

My skill levels are as followed:

attack 75

defence 70

strength 80

hitpoints 78

ranged 70

prayer 56

magic 69

runecrafting 48

cooking 75

fishing 68

woodcutting 75

firemaking 71

crafting 70

smithing 67

mining 78

I've already decided to get my magic and ranged to level 70 because of black dragon leathers and magic isn't far off.(Done YAY)

Second of all any free to play items I should stock up on to help my member skills before I start?

Like what I'm doing for feltching. I'm going to buy the correct amounts of logs that will get me level 60 feltching, boring but I'll have more time for other skills and quests...(2500 logs, 2000 oaks, 5500 willows):arrow: If anyone wants to sell me any of these logs in the numbers shown I'll be glad to come to some agreement with them.

And lastly what type of income should I get before I become a member?

I dont keep a lot of cash because I'm always training skills with it, anywhere between 600k-2mil. (I just leveled crafting from 63 to 70 on hides so I'm low on cash and also bought 10k ess to make into airs to level runecrafting and get cash)

Well your stats are really good already and there isn't really much you need to do in my opinion.

I would stock up some cash, maybe buy some deaths at rune shops and sell them for 300 each. Or start buying 35k chaos so once you go member you can trade them in for an onyx gem, have someone cut it and craft it (unless you can if you raise your crafting) and then sell it for about 1.5 million profit per gem.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

You probably have all the stats you need to start off well in members. The only thing I can think of is to get fishing up 1 to 68, so you can use the fishing guild. Perhaps make an emerald ring or two and saphire necklace, so you can get places faster when you first go in. (enchant to ring of dueling and games necklace)

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

Ya I was thinking about dueling rings and game necklaces but its not like its hard to get either the gems or gold ores... so I didn't see the point plus I'd rather use space on other things right now...also i maybe should clarify when i say stock up i mean like 100 or 1000 of something, but keep the suggestions coming

You might want to stock up on some Newt Eyes, so you won't have too much trouble starting herblore. And ofcourse logs for fletching.

Great skills for an F2P player. You should however get 70 Magic and Ranged (to be able to wear some barrows items once you obtain them) plus 68 Fishing to get into the fishing guild. Apart from that, you're all set. :)

dontfearthereaper2.png

Well thanks for the complement Striker6...

veyron27 if you read it clearly I stated that I was getting level 70 in both magic and ranged(magic is 3k off lol) also the eyes are everywhere so I'm in no hurry to get any :P

And as many of you've said either get my fishing to 68 for guild or higher for sharks. I forgot I was so close to fishing guild lol :shock:

O0th3 m4ge00 I am starting my 10k ess which will get me close to laws(level 54) and for cooking... I'm not sure if I'll wait to get it that high

Thank you all for your comments and advice, please keep them coming :D

to be honest - as a f2p your stats rock! I'd just get members asap and get going on the skills. Remember that many f2p skills are easier to level in members as there are more places to gather resources etc, and you are not competing for yews/coal as much once you get to members. Good luck in joining members - there's lots to do, and many minigames to distract you from skilling!

I'm not sure many people coming from f2p could do this immediately, but you could head straight over to barrows and start getting some nice items (recommended 55 slayer though).

To answer your other question: as far as stocking up on items goes, you could try collecting limpwurt roots, red spiders eggs and snape grass - they are useful for herblore later on. Good luck with quests - try to do lost city as soon as possible so you can start to wield those nice dragon weapons. :)

RT

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Thank you for all the help guys, sorry that I havent been on lately just busy with work and such.

rft I've already started stocking up on lumproots and can easly get red spider eggs but from what I know snape grass in only member but if you know where a f2p place for it is id help me lot. :D

Thank you Dark_Protoman and for piman1053 for the complements about my skills I've worked hard to get them where they are 8-)

Awesome stats man, theres nothing i can do to help you except:

1:make sure you have enough cold hard cash, joining members eats it :lol:

2: Be prepared for any skills you want to do, as your doing now

-Fleshless-