Superman Returns (Spoilers)

Make7upu101

I looked for a thread on this and couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t find one.

I went to see the movie yesterday and I have to say IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m pretty unimpressed. I'm not going to say it was a terrible movie but it was pretty bad. They actually made Superman boring. It was pretty much a line or two then cinematics for about 5 minutes. When they actually did talk it seemed like they just said clichÃÆÃâÃâés and lines from past movies. I almost fell asleep halfway through it. The plot was pretty bad also. They made Lois in my opinion seem like a really bad person (pretending that the kid is Richards). Lex Luthor (a criminal mastermind) seemed like he had no idea what would happen once he had the land. Plus I guess Superman's completely invincible now, since he can lift a giant landmass of what his ONE (excluding magic) weakness is.

One the plus side, It did have a nice grand "Super" feel to it. The CGI (although used excessively) was nice.

Anyone else see it?

One thing, the 'island' wasn't made of kryptonite. It's just that some parts were kryptonite and some weren't. Didn't you see the part where he was starting to struggle lifting the island when the pieces of kryptonite was sliding down? Or why he dig deeeeep underground to lift it up just to avoid the kryptonite? One reason he was able to do so is because he 'charged' after Lois helped him. He draws power from the sun.

I think that Lois thing is just you. She didn't want to break Cyclops' heart so she didn't tell. I don't think she knew either that the baby was Superman's until she saw the kid play the piano.

Did you see the same movie as I did? Lex Luthor knew why he wanted the land. He knew that the island was of 'Alien' technology. Like the Fortress of Solitude.

The movie was pretty awesome IMO. It's as Superman as it can get.

oh, and how exactly did they use CGI excessively?

Seems like we saw different movies.

The CGI was all the time. I really don't know how to explain that. I just saw it in practically every scene of the movie. Using it that much takes time away from other good things in a movie such as character development or maybe a plot.

The only substance that can stop kryptonite is lead. I know that sounds a little odd but thats at least how it was in the comic books. The Kryptonite was affecting him since he was obviously incapacitated for some time afterwords. With that whole issue I just think Kryptonite should have a greater affect on him since it is his only weakness, so maybe I just have a problem with that.

I think Lois had to have known that the baby was Supermans. I mean come on, how hard could it be to tell since she was pretty much with Superman all the time before Richard.