A bit of a stupid question but.....

1_man_army

Okay I know this is a bit of a stupid question but I tried looking on Google and searching the forums with no joy so I have to ask here.

Im currently shopping around for broadband packages that are within my budget. However, most of these have monthly download limits. My question essentially is if I use up my month limit, can I still continue to browse the internet (like veiwing html pages etc.) or not?

Its important because I need the internet for alot of my uni work.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

As Sinkhan said, it varies from company to company. Some will throttle your speeds once you reach the limit and you can continue browsing at dial up speeds while others will charge you per MB you use over the limit but you get to keep the high speed.

Being at uni, i would suggest trying to find an ISP that throttles your speed so you don't get stung with a huge bill if you manage to break the limits they set or find a nice unlimited plan that wont hurt your bank account.

1264cc30.gif

maybe you could buy an external hard drive and just go to libraries?

On a side note, my friend has charter and he doesn't have a limit... however we had a LAN at his house one night with about 12 people and it ate up all his bandwidth. They ended up putting some kind of limit on his connection now, and he can't do anything.

okay thanks thats cleared it up a bit for me.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)