Emancipation of Minors in Canada

Blipo

Something I've recently been looking into is the emancipation of minors, that is, a youth losing their status as a minor before the normal and regular time. I've found a lot of liturature on youth emancipation for the States, but virtually nothing about Canada. Does anyone out there know anything about it? If you could point me in the direction of some resources, it'd be greatly appreciated.

And no, I'm not trying to get emancipated! :P

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I believe in a lot of the provinces the age limit to be emancipated is 16. I'm sure it varies between some provinces. You got me interested so I'm searching for more information at the moment. If I find something more definative, I'll be sure to post it.

I found this.

What is the procedure under the Emancipation of Minors Act? What are the requirements for emancipation?

A young person who is at least 14 years old may petition the Superior Court of the county in which he or she lives.

Think that applies to Canada?

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I found this.

What is the procedure under the Emancipation of Minors Act? What are the requirements for emancipation?

A young person who is at least 14 years old may petition the Superior Court of the county in which he or she lives.

Think that applies to Canada?

Too be honest... I'm not too sure. I've been searching through the Canadian Justice System (And the Statutes) too see if there is anything there. There is a lot too look through, so there may be something usefull there.

Edit: Found a little more information. When a child reaches the age of 16 in Ontario:

Can voluntarily withdraw from parental control but may lose right to parents' financial support [CFSA, s.43(2); CLRA, s.65; FLA, s.31]
Found from here